Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonDawg18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
Hi Guys,

I need your brains!

I just got a new ipod (4th Gen, 20GB Color) and LOVE it.

BUT, I can't get the music to properly import. It'll do 3 or 4 songs and then give me error message (-36).

Any advice? I've looked all over the internet, but get no solid answers.

Thanks!

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
JasonDawg18 said:
Hi Guys,

I need your brains!

I just got a new ipod (4th Gen, 20GB Color) and LOVE it.

BUT, I can't get the music to properly import. It'll do 3 or 4 songs and then give me error message (-36).

Any advice? I've looked all over the internet, but get no solid answers.

Thanks!

I get this too. May be the connection. Try restoring it maybe? I dunno. x_x

I just kept reconnecting and disconnecting before it got all of my moozic on it. :D

JeDiBoYTJ

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
interesting.

i would try a reformat of the ipod itself. use the iPod Software Updater located in your Utilities folder in Applications. make sure you are using the latest one (iPod Updater 2005-06-26), then click "Restore" and wait. it should give you a nice, squeaky clean iPod. then try adding your music again.

JasonDawg18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
I've tried restoring it through the ipod updater and still get the same errors. Is there any other way to reformat the iPod drive?

I read on another forum that it could be the cord/connection. So, I ordered an apple iPod firewire cord hoping it'll correct that. It's annoying to keep disconnecting it only to be able to copy a few songs.

Any other thoughts?

Jason

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.