Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:34 PM   #26
JayLenochiniMac
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by batguanoz View Post
My wife bought a refurbished iPhone 4S on Black Friday for $0.99, and lost it over Christmas. Filed a claim with Amex, and they paid $1. Nothing like what it would cost to replace it. So don't expect Amex to protect your purchase.
It says right there that they will reimburse you up to the price you paid for it. You paid $1 and got reimbursed $1. I'm surprised they even honored your claim, given they don't normally cover refurbished items. They probably honored it anyway just for the laugh.
JayLenochiniMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:59 PM   #27
DarwinOSX
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigres View Post
AMEX is the best card to carry. Period.
Best service, best protection, professionalism.
One of my favorite companies to do business with.
I work at American Express in IT and hear that a lot from people. It's nice to work for a company that people like. I don't work in customer service but I can tell you that customer service is a holy thing at Amex.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:06 PM   #28
tigres
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinOSX View Post
I work at American Express in IT and hear that a lot from people. It's nice to work for a company that people like. I don't work in customer service but I can tell you that customer service is a holy thing at Amex.
Well glad to hear they appreciate you all.
Now. Sidebar- how about that bonus mall
Get that puppy back- we want it.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 03:55 AM   #29
617aircav
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by batguanoz View Post
My wife bought a refurbished iPhone 4S on Black Friday for $0.99, and lost it over Christmas. Filed a claim with Amex, and they paid $1. Nothing like what it would cost to replace it. So don't expect Amex to protect your purchase.
So you wanted them to give your wife $400 when she only spent $1 on the item. Your wife is not at a loss. If she had paid $599 she would have been covered for $599.
617aircav is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone