Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotdesl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
On the 14th, I preordered via Apple but got stuck with an Oct. 5th date. That sucked. On Monday, I happened into my local AT&T retailer in the mall and told him my ordeal. He said that he was the inventory manager for 10 local stores and would be glad to hold one for me as he understood I couldn't line up and still be at work. He took my name and number and wrote down that I wanted the 64Gb black. I thanked him, but honestly figured I would never hear from him. Sure enough, on Friday morning, he let me know he had pulled my phone and that I could pick it up at my convenience. It couldn't have been easier and all thanks to a compassionate AT&T employee. Many kudos to this outstanding gentleman. Hell, he even through in a free car charger.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Very nice, I have a friend that works at a local AT&T store that did the same for my cousin.
They're not supposed to he said and its first come first serve but for friends he takes care of them.
Glad a stranger helped you out like that.

Roadrash3

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
There is a lot of misinformation and people just don't get it. I went from almost 150 a month, moved to the next plan and my bill is 110 a month. If i have a phone out on a installment, its puts me back to the same payment i had before, but once the phone is paid off, my monthly is cheaper. If you keep your phones it is cheaper to do next so you are not paying a subsidy every month you are out of contract. I like it for the reason i use it for, i bought the samsung S5 active, had it for the last three months making the monthly payment. I hate it and i am so glad for the iPhone 6 plus, i paid off the rest of it this month, I am going to resell it and order the iPhone 6 plus. I never have to worry about contracts, just pay off the phone i currently have and can get a new one. No waiting for ATT to decide when i get an upgrade.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
There is a lot of misinformation and people just don't get it. I went from almost 150 a month, moved to the next plan and my bill is 110 a month. If i have a phone out on a installment, its puts me back to the same payment i had before, but once the phone is paid off, my monthly is cheaper. If you keep your phones it is cheaper to do next so you are not paying a subsidy every month you are out of contract. I like it for the reason i use it for, i bought the samsung S5 active, had it for the last three months making the monthly payment. I hate it and i am so glad for the iPhone 6 plus, i paid off the rest of it this month, I am going to resell it and order the iPhone 6 plus. I never have to worry about contracts, just pay off the phone i currently have and can get a new one. No waiting for ATT to decide when i get an upgrade.

You are responding to a 2 year old thread.
And you're posting something that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread:rolleyes:
Newbies....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.