Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hasty1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Hi,

I foolishly attempted to update my iPhone over 3G, expecting the phone to prompt me to confirm before downloading a 504MB file, as this would've caused astronomical cost to me, I turned the phone off using home+power. Phone is now stuck on repeat getting to Apple logo and powering off.

I have attempted to restore the phone in normal mode, in DFU mode and am still receiving the dreaded 'the device isn't eligible for the selected build' message. I have edited my hosts file, have no firewall or antivirus running and am attempting to iOS 6 - downloaded using iTunes today.

Help?!

heyismejosh

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2011
Hi,

I foolishly attempted to update my iPhone over 3G, expecting the phone to prompt me to confirm before downloading a 504MB file, as this would've caused astronomical cost to me, I turned the phone off using home+power. Phone is now stuck on repeat getting to Apple logo and powering off.

I have attempted to restore the phone in normal mode, in DFU mode and am still receiving the dreaded 'the device isn't eligible for the selected build' message. I have edited my hosts file, have no firewall or antivirus running and am attempting to iOS 6 - downloaded using iTunes today.

Help?!

are you using a USB 3.0 port on your computer?? i had the same problem once and it was because i was using my USB 3.0 ports when i used a 2.0 port it worked fine.

EritaBe

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
When all else fails - try removing the battery
I was stuck on recovery mode and tried everything and every program recommended (tinyumb, ireb, i rec, ihereandthere)
Kept getting errorcodes - i cleaned my entire iphone though making sure everything was secured properly and it finally worked :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.