Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Nov 18, 2002, 08:57 PM   #1
Banned

Question Original OSX "desktop Icons" screensaver.....

Does anyone know where I can download this thing, it was unfortunately deleted from Jaguar, and I don't like any of the screensaves that replaced it. Two of the Jaguar screensavers actually lock my old iMac DV up. If anyone knows where I can find the original "Desktop Icons" screensaver from 10.1 it would be great.......
3777 is offline   0
Old Nov 18, 2002, 09:28 PM   #2
springscansing
Banned

Re: Original OSX "desktop Icons" screensaver.....

Quote:
Originally posted by 3777
Does anyone know where I can download this thing, it was unfortunately deleted from Jaguar, and I don't like any of the screensaves that replaced it. Two of the Jaguar screensavers actually lock my old iMac DV up. If anyone knows where I can find the original "Desktop Icons" screensaver from 10.1 it would be great.......
Have you tried Flurry? It's gorgeous with the proper settings and a fast enough mac.

I always thought the desktop icons one was so windowzy.. I'm glad its gone.

Sorry man. :-)
springscansing is offline   0
Old Nov 18, 2002, 09:44 PM   #3
Banned

Flurry is ok, that's what i'm using now, but i'd rather have the Desktop Icons screensaver back......
3777 is offline   0
Old Nov 18, 2002, 10:02 PM   #4
Skandranon
macrumors regular

Angry What the shao?

Hey! You're right! Jaguar ate up my copy of the .Saver folder that contained the Desktop Icons screensaver. What gives?! I had switched over to Flurry a while back, but thoroughly enjoyed my flying Aqua icons.

If anybody is running 10.1.x and could post a .SIT somewhere, that would be hot. I'd love to reclaim that yummy artifact from pre-Jaguar OS X.

Good eye, 3777.

Skandranon is offline   0
Old Nov 19, 2002, 10:13 PM   #5
Banned

yes...... hope to hear of a link soon as I don't have 10.1 cd to get it from.....
3777 is offline   0
Old Nov 21, 2002, 01:59 PM   #6
FattyMembrane
macrumors 6502a

i just pulled the "aqua icons" saver off of the 10.1 disk with pacifist. i have not tried it yet, so i don't know if it works or not (you guys can be the guinnea pigs). i zipped it and uploaded it to http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/jived...cons.saver.tgz

i hope it works. let me know if anything is wrong with it and i'll try another copy.
FattyMembrane is offline   0
Old Nov 21, 2002, 02:30 PM   #7
dricci
macrumors 6502a

Hm... Apple must have changed something, it doesn't seem to work under 10.2, just turns the screen black (same with the preview)
dricci is offline   0
Old Nov 21, 2002, 04:13 PM   #8
FattyMembrane
macrumors 6502a

i'm sorry that it does not work. i tried. something in 10.2 must have broken the screensaver (although i can't imagine what, and really, shouldn't apple try to code correctly, especially on small stuff like screensavers?). if apple released the sourcecode, i'm sure that someone with programming knowledge (read: not me) could hack it to work in about a half an hour. i'm not sure why they decided not to include it in 10.2.
FattyMembrane is offline   0
Old Nov 21, 2002, 05:20 PM   #9
Banned

THanks for posting it anyway, it was a nice screensaver, too bad they canned it.
3777 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion