Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JakeRev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I made an appointment with Genius bar this week because I want to exchange my iPhone 5 for reason that its home button is not even. I was frustrating today that my friend's iphone 5 home button was completely even and feels much better than mine.
Is there any chance that Genius person say no for exchange because it's functioning fine? I'm also fine with waiting for restocking proper model.
Could you tell me your experience with Genius?

Mbman81

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
You have 30 days to return the phone if not satisfied. If the genius does not agree on the issue just return it and repurchase.

JakeRev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
but, then I cannot have a phone until I get the new one. quite long time.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Last time I had my home button issue on my 4, Genius refused to replace it as it was still working. Problem was that it made a click sound when I ever so slightly touch it. Anyways, genius told me, well it's still working.

Anyways as the above poster said, I would definitely to with the return/exchange route instead of going to the genius bar to get it replaced.

RTWG

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
Go there, be nice, and you'll likely get it swapped. Apple are great with things like this.

If you've spent £700 (or whatever the $ equivalent is) on a phone, you should expect it to be correctly manufactured.

dazex

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
The store has a separate stock only used for replacement and emergencies. That's how they are able to handle warranty replacements during iPhone launch craziness.

Just make an appointment like you did and tell them you issues. Apple is above others on handling issues with their product. You can say it's built into their price.

Also, check the light leak thread. You maybe able to combo that issue as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.