Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:14 PM   #1
casjohnr
macrumors regular

UK iPhone 5 exchange and Ghost Armor

What is the best way to exchange my iPhone 5 in the UK that has a problem with the glass not being fit properly on the right hand side?

Can I just take it to my local Apple store (Meadowhall) without booking an appointment to get it replaced? And how long do I have to do that to ensure I will receive a brand new phone in return?

Also, I got Ghost Armor applied on the same day as purchase right out of the sealed box in Manchester Arndale shopping centre. This cost just under 30...am I going to be now made to shell out another 30 to get it put on my replacement iPhone?
casjohnr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:22 PM   #2
jabingla2810
macrumors 65816

I have the same issue with the screen being loose on my iPhone 5.

I plan on turning up at the Apple store on Thursday at the Arndale center.

Let me know how you get on!

Oh yeah, how's the ghost armor? I walked past that place and was tempted!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:04 PM   #3
moneyklip
macrumors newbie

Ghost Armor Review great screen protector!

I honestly love ghost armor! They have a lifetime warranty and it comes in many colors. They have many locations in many malls all over the united states and other countries now I think! I definitely recommend ghost armor for the iphone 5 now since I hear they easily scratch! Nuts considering its a new iPhone
moneyklip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:45 AM   #4
MikeG65
macrumors newbie

Don't worry about paying for replacement Armor. Just make sure you remove it from your phone and put it on a sheet of paper before you hand the phone back to Apple. When you get the replacement phone bring it along with the old Armor to the cart and you will be given new armor ( if you get return inside 7 days there is also no fitting fee to pay).
MikeG65 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:50 AM   #5
bandofbrothers
macrumors 68040

If i was you i would ring ahead to ensure they have stock to replace your iphone 5.

Also by contacting them they can log this fault on your account.

The ghost armour is under warranty if it fails. In your case its the iphone thats failed so im not 100% sure if they would replace it for you.

iPhone 5s 16GB Space Grey - iOS 7.1.2
iPad Air 16GB Space Grey. - iOS 7.1.2
bandofbrothers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:37 AM   #6
MikeG65
macrumors newbie

The Armor is always warranted for the same model phone. There will be nothing to pay other than a fitting fee.
MikeG65 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone