Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
So, I got my iPhone 5 on Friday, and I have to say, I like the reduced "empty bezel" and the larger screen, but today, I needed to make a call from an iPhone 4, I immediately looked at it and was stunned by the huge bezel and also the smaller screen. It looked weird to me, anyone else experience this?

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
So, I got my iPhone 5 on Friday, and I have to say, I like the reduced "empty bezel" and the larger screen, but today, I needed to make a call from an iPhone 4, I immediately looked at it and was stunned by the huge bezel and also the smaller screen. It looked weird to me, anyone else experience this?

Yes. I actually look at my 4S with utter disdain. It looks soo last year. I feel retarded for admitting this. Is that normal?

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009

After using the iPhone 5 for a couple days, I looked at my display on the 4. WOW I can't believe I've been using that screen size for 4 years....

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I have my 4S here on my desk, waiting to get it carrier unlocked to sell.

It just looks so stubby now. I didn't think 1/2" would make a huge difference, but it really does.

rritterson

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
DC USA
I guess I am the contrarian. The 5 seems too light and hollow- I agree with Steve Jobs that the 4 feels like an old Leica. I also prefer the smooth stainless and glass to the matte (though all black is sexy).

The 4 is closer to a golden rectangle. Maybe that's why I like it.

Not returning my 5 though. The speed of the CPU and LTE are more than enough reason to upgrade.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
This photo I took last night says it all. Especially the iPod Clickwheel on the left.

It's amazing how our minds adapt to new styles and how quickly something that was once sleek and modern can look so dated.

Attachments

• 661955350.jpg
    661955350.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 83
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.