Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to explain this, but I'll try. A change occurred in Mountain Lion, and I'm hoping to be able to revert it.

Say I have an email conversation with someone. Previously, I could see the most recent email, and then scroll down that email and see the entire conversation in that one email. So I could copy all of it in one shot and paste it elsewhere (which is what I need to do).

With Mountain Lion, that's not possible. Only a few of the pieces of the conversation are there. The rest are broken up into separate 'files' I guess. Probably a feature of the Show Related Email bit. But now I have to do multiple copy/pastes to get all the info. Turning off the Show Related Email just hides the rest of the conversation.

Basically, it seems that Mail is now cutting up email conversations, and I'm not sure why.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and have a suggestion on how to get it back to what it was before?

aarmstrong27

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to explain this, but I'll try. A change occurred in Mountain Lion, and I'm hoping to be able to revert it.

Say I have an email conversation with someone. Previously, I could see the most recent email, and then scroll down that email and see the entire conversation in that one email. So I could copy all of it in one shot and paste it elsewhere (which is what I need to do).

With Mountain Lion, that's not possible. Only a few of the pieces of the conversation are there. The rest are broken up into separate 'files' I guess. Probably a feature of the Show Related Email bit. But now I have to do multiple copy/pastes to get all the info. Turning off the Show Related Email just hides the rest of the conversation.

Basically, it seems that Mail is now cutting up email conversations, and I'm not sure why.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and have a suggestion on how to get it back to what it was before?

Easy. At the bottom of the "top" email, there should be a "see more" that you can click and then the entire string "unfolds" and everything you want should be there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-25 at 5.41.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-25 at 5.41.42 PM.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Yeah, I've used that, but it still cuts out some of the conversation. That's my biggest issue. I can't figure out why it does that.

Techy66

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2009
Doc from PC doesn't show on MAC

I have Snow Leopard and when i send a word doc or any pdf from my work PC to my MAC, the doc converts to a winmail.dat file. I use to be able to email any document. Any Ideas to why this is happening now?
Please email me at dadarrah48@comcast.net with any help.
Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.