Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Another solid looking case from SwitchEasy.

http://www.switcheasy.com/product/TONES_iPhone5

01_a.jpg

04_a.jpg

JoshObra

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Oh my goodness, that black one looks so darn freaking sexy.

I would pre-order but I already have a cheap eBay case coming soon. Should I pre-order now... or wait?

I think I want to wait.. but I'm highly interested on this case though.

I'll come back to this in a month or so.

[head explodes]

swiftfix

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
This is my favorite looking dual material case so far for the iPhone 5, and with all the extras, it looks like one of the best values.

I'm currently using a Switcheasy Canvas (for the new iPad) on my iPad 2. I originally bought the Canvas case designed for the iPad 2, but had to have it replaced a couple times because the polycarbonate shell would crack around the corners. Switcheasy was always great about replacing the case and even upgraded me to the redesigned case for the new iPad. They are a great value company that stand by their products.

I'm looking forward to reviews for this case.

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
Screw it, I ordered one.

Between this and the Speck PixelSkin HD that I ordered a couple days ago I should be all set with my i5.

aklipfel

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2010
This case looks very similar to the Eclipse. I'm wondering if it's the "Eclipse" for iPhone 5 or if they will release a specific Eclipse too.

It looks very good, but I don't know if I will pre-order one. The reason : the design of the back, just bellow the vibrator switch, with the hard plastic tip exposed...:(

Arnaud

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
The Eclipse surpassed my previous favorite 4/4S case, the PixelSkin HD. The only improvement I wanted was a covered Sleep button. This looks like a definite winner to me!

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
The Eclipse surpassed my previous favorite 4/4S case, the PixelSkin HD. The only improvement I wanted was a covered Sleep button. This looks like a definite winner to me!

did the Eclipse sag at either the bottom or left side at all where it wasn't reinforced with the hard plastic?

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
did the Eclipse sag at either the bottom or left side at all where it wasn't reinforced with the hard plastic?

Nope, I used mine for about 9 months and it did not sag at all. That is one of the reasons I liked it better than the PixelSkin HD, which did become a little "stretched" with use.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Wife loved her Eclipse and it did not sag at all. We'll probably get the purple Tones one for her this time.

Btw, their warranty is very good. Wife had a Trim in white for the iPhone 4 that got really dirty and they covered it under warranty and shipped us a brand new Eclipse as a replacement.

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Ordered two - blue for me, purple for wife

I've had a lot of Switcheasy cases:
Colors in orange for iPhone 3g
Colors then Trim then Lux for iPhone 4
Their customer service is second to none. They actually gave me the Lux in exchange for the Trim whose sides began to separate after 9 months of use :)
Can't wait to try these cases out.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Looks good in the pictures, but I'd want to see that in person. Seems sort of borderline tacky. Switcheasy makes pretty good cases in general, though, so I'm sure they did a good job.

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
Just got my shipment notification for the black case. I will post pics/impressions once I receive it.

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Was amazed to see the ship notification today. Pix of blue and purple to follow when they arrive.

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
Hmm I'm jealous that some of you have gotten shipping notifications already. I'm still waiting on mine.

tcung82, looking at the photos I'm pretty sure that there is a bit of a lip to provide some lay on the table usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.