Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevo505

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
So I dropped my iPhone 5 within 3 hours of having it on Friday... and the screen was shattered. I was on the phone with Apple, and they were sorry to hear that I was upset about what happened. I was trying to see how I would go about getting it replaced, and how much it would cost, and they told me they would send a replacement for free! It's set to arrive this Friday. I was surprised but really amazed by how eager they seemed to make me happy. I have never encountered a company with such great customer service before. Has anyone else had great experiences with Apple's customer service?

bowlen

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Perth
When I had my iPhone 4, I had to go to Apple twice to get it replaced. First time was the home button sticking and the second time was the vibration stopped working.

Both times I went to Apple - Perth, I experienced the best customer service I think I have ever experienced. Hardly any waiting time, really friendly staff and they were happy to replace the phone for free both times.

My mate had a problem with his phone which he couldn't replicate in front of the apple staff, but they still took his word for it and replaced his phone for free.

A+ for customer service!

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
yeah thats cool. I can imagine if this was another company, what the phone call would have been like...

"Sir we are not responsible for your slippery hands. Once you leave the store it is not our problem. You should have purchased a Galaxy III because its bigger" lol

jmccullough108

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I also have always had great customer service from Apple. Had to have my old iPhone 4 replaced twice (once for the microphone going out, second for the sleep/wake button being stuck) both experiences were extremely professional and had no issues what so ever.

Abandapart82

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2008
They sent me an iPad 3 so that I would have it on day 1 of its release since the one i ordered wasn't going to be in for a few days because i had it personalized.

HaxorRob

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Just out of curiousity when you got your phone replaced, did you have apple care + or just the regular one year replacement, cause i just bought the iphone 5 without the care+

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
I can vouch for this, their products may be more expensive than others (you really get, what you pay for, I guess), but I always get the very best in customer service (even during the early days of iPod).

rritterson

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
DC USA
So I dropped my iPhone 5 within 3 hours of having it on Friday... and the screen was shattered. I was on the phone with Apple, and they were sorry to hear that I was upset about what happened. I was trying to see how I would go about getting it replaced, and how much it would cost, and they told me they would send a replacement for free! It's set to arrive this Friday. I was surprised but really amazed by how eager they seemed to make me happy. I have never encountered a company with such great customer service before. Has anyone else had great experiences with Apple's customer service?

Apple engineering requests the first X number of any product failures to be returned for study, no matter what the cause or how much fault was on the user. I forget what X is, I think 50 or 250.

OP was fortunate enough to drop it in the first 3 hours instead of second day.

stevo505

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Apple engineering requests the first X number of any product failures to be returned for study, no matter what the cause or how much fault was on the user. I forget what X is, I think 50 or 250.

OP was fortunate enough to drop it in the first 3 hours instead of second day.

Really? That's interesting. Doesn't make me any less happy with their customer service, though. They were so kind and willing to help.

JoshObra

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Besides being totally blocked out from calling customer service for the 24 hours after the iPhone 5 pre-order, I think the service was pretty well.

The representatives spoke very clear english (one had a british accent too) and understood what I was trying to explain with my problem. I'd say 2 of the 3 representatives I've contacted were very friendly, the was one that probably needed a bathroom break or something because he was total jerk.

E-mail support took about three to four days for a reply though. But I could speculate it was because of all the pre-ordering chaos they have to deal with.

measel

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
My wife and I have lot of experience with Apple's CS. They have always took care of us ever since. Unfortunately we preordered 2 iPhone 5 and they arrived with dents. We called it in. They took care of us by sending us 2 new ones overnight (We called in Sunday) and It arrived today. Viola, 2 flawless iPhones. We couldn't be any happier!

Whole point is, if you get damaged iphone, Just call it in, They'll take care of you no matter what! That's what Apple is known for, Their excellence in customer service!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.