Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ferri1c

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
I just downloaded tiny umbrella for my Mac. I followed the instructions from a youtube video.

I plugged my phone in, it says the device is connected. When I clicked save SHSH nothing happened. I tried it both ways, once with the request SHSH from Cydia box checked and also tried it unchecked( under the advance tab).

When I went back to the general tab the field for device model shows MD646LL/A - INVALID ( I'm thinking this has something to do with it).

Anyways I thought we had to start saving the SHSH files in case we planned on jail breaking in the future.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I just downloaded tiny umbrella for my Mac. I followed the instructions from a youtube video.

I plugged my phone in, it says the device is connected. When I clicked save SHSH nothing happened. I tried it both ways, once with the request SHSH from Cydia box checked and also tried it unchecked( under the advance tab).

When I went back to the general tab the field for device model shows MD646LL/A - INVALID ( I'm thinking this has something to do with it).

Anyways I thought we had to start saving the SHSH files in case we planned on jail breaking in the future.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I'm not the expert of TU, but I'm pretty sure that for each new iOS release AND iDevice release, TU needs to be updated to support the device.

At present, I don't think either has happened, thus your device isn't able to have it's SHSH's saved yet.

EDIT: Yea, no support yet, not even for the release of iOS 6:

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/p/change-log.html

Ferri1c

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
I'm not the expert of TU, but I'm pretty sure that for each new iOS release AND iDevice release, TU needs to be updated to support the device.

At present, I don't think either has happened, thus your device isn't able to have it's SHSH's saved yet.

EDIT: Yea, no support yet, not even for the release of iOS 6:

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/p/change-log.html

Oh, well that makes sense! Haha. Thanks bud I guess I'll just sit back and wait patiently!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.