Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andrew Ryan

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
So after some serious deliberation on what phone to get (I was debating between the Samsung Galaxy 3 and the iPhone 5), I went with the 5. I have a Macbook Pro, so I just felt the whole process would be easier (previously had an iPhone 4, which I dropped down a flight of steps. All sorts of cracks and pieces missing).

Yesterday, I called Verizon, and placed an order by phone. I was changing carriers (switching from AT&T). They emailed me my estimated shipping date (October 19th), and I asked them if they could get the phone to me as quick as possible. Obviously, that is a pointless request, since the demand is so high and I ordered the phone well after the pre-orders were announced (14th).

I got an email today saying my iPhone has shipped, and it will arrive on the 26th! So from the time that I called Verizon to order the phone, to the time I might receive it, could be a total of 48 hours.

I am shocked at this.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
No REAL way of knowing, but if so, it's a dangerous one at that. I'm sure there are a few people who think "the hell with waiting, i'll just get a 4S or an S3" i doubt there are those that are saying "waiting lines!? Sold out?!? sign me up :cool:

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
No that's retarded.

Your shipping date is an estimate. Coordinating production runs, millions of phone shipments across tons of countries, online orders and brick&mortar this is what you can expect.

Apple loses when it can't ship a phone on time for this quarter. It didn't need any hype

Andrew Ryan

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
No that's retarded.

Your shipping date is an estimate. Coordinating production runs, millions of phone shipments across tons of countries, online orders and brick&mortar this is what you can expect.

Apple loses when it can't ship a phone on time for this quarter. It didn't need any hype

I completely understand it is an estimate, but to receive a phone 48 hours after you order one is rather unusual.

That being said, I am skeptical it will arrive tomorrow, even though the Fed Ex tracking info has it on pace for Thursday.

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
NC
No what a marketing ploy would be is if they sold these phones and shipped it as fast as possible and increased their opening sales number.

The more people buy, the more others want it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.