Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
So I turned on home sharing in iTunes (latest one). Go to my phone, enter my username and password, turn it on, go to the video tab, nothing. None of my videos are showing up.

Anyone have a clue what could be going on?

Thanks

AppleNewton

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2007
1 Finite Place
in the Music app, you have to goto More > Shared > Your Library

thenwhen it connects you should be able to go back to Video and stream your videos.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
in the Music app, you have to goto More > Shared > Your Library

thenwhen it connects you should be able to go back to Video and stream your videos.

You can actually skip the Music app part, the same steps exist in the videos app directly. iTunes must be open for this all to work mind you. Make sure the Apple ID in question is the same on both devices (computer and iPhone), make sure its set up in the Video Menu under Settings on the iPhone, then open the Videos app. There should be an option for "Shared" then upon tapping that, your iTunes Library will appear as an option.

Attachments

• IMG_0510.PNG
    IMG_0510.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0511.PNG
    IMG_0511.PNG
    38.2 KB · Views: 222

shelob8888

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2009
No share option...

What if there is no option for "shared" under "more"? I have enabled everything, made sure my firewall wasn't blocking anything (it's currently off in fact), latest versions of itunes and ios6, same apple id's, but still no option for "share". (even after reboot of apps, systems, and router.)

what now? (I am using a 4S, but that should not matter)

----------

well for some reason, it just decided to show up. :confused:

jaimech

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2013
I was having the problem where the library would start loading and stopped on half circle. I did research and followed several threads on how to solve the problem until I came across one that solved it.

The problem was actually that I was being very impatient. Please just wait for it to load. It can take a while specially if the content you are trying to share is large. Mine was loading correctly but the auto lock feature that you can find under "Settings" and "General" was active and it was preventing the library from finishing to load. If the phone or Ipod auto locks it will interfere with the correct loading of the Library. The solution that worked for me is: Activate Home Sharing on Itunes, Activate Home Sharing on your Iphone/Ipod and then go to the music or video app and tap "More" then "sahred" and then your Library. Do not leave this screen or do not let your device to auto lock. Just wait with patience and your Library will be there soon or late.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.