Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:42 PM   #1
hyperipod
macrumors member

Exclamation Unable to sign in to iMessage with Mountain Lion 10.8.2!

Since I upgraded to OS X 10.8.2 I can't login to iMessages or Facetime.

When I go in my settings to login I enter my Apple ID and my password (100% it's the right one, I still purchase apps on the App Store with it) and then it acts as if it logged in, but everything is greyed out and there's a little grey spinning animation, then it asks for my password "Please enter your password for bla@bla.com", I enter it, wait 5 seconds, and it asks again and again and after 3 times it says "Could not sign in to iMessage" "The credentials of the registering device have expired".
It seems to me that the problem started appearing when I updated to 10.8.2, but now I restored from a 10.8.1 Time Machine backup and it still does the same thing. (Updated back to 10.8.2 since then)

Also, I created a new account to try to login to iMessage with it and it did work.

This is extremely annoying since I just got my first iPhone (an iPhone 5) on friday and now I can't make it work with my computer the way Apple wanted it to work

Also, once or twice (?) a day I get a message saying "com.apple.dock.extra quit unexpectedly"

Here's the log of that crash message

Anyone knows what the problem might be?
Thanks!
hyperipod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Puevlo
macrumors 6502a

Apparently it can happen if when you signed up for your Apple ID you put a capital letter in your email address. Dunno if this is what it actually is. But sign into appleid.apple.com and see if your Apple ID has a capital letter. If so get rid of it.
Puevlo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:03 PM   #3
hyperipod
macrumors member

I just checked on appleid.apple.com and there are no capital letters in there...
Thanks though!
hyperipod is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Tags
com.apple.dock.extra, facetime, imessage, mountain lion, sign in