Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:00 PM   #1
RoGySerbia
macrumors newbie

Question Will Simple Mobile work on iPhone 5?

I'm going to buy an iPhone 5 very soon. But the first thing I'm thinking about is .... Can Simple-Mobile pre-paid SIM's work with iPhone 5...?

They are having an amazing deal for only 50$... UNLIMITED 4G! Which is great!

If anyone knows anything about it please reply...
RoGySerbia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:15 PM   #2
RNVarma
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGySerbia View Post
I'm going to buy an iPhone 5 very soon. But the first thing I'm thinking about is .... Can Simple-Mobile pre-paid SIM's work with iPhone 5...?

It'll work, just not at 4G speeds. Since it uses the T-Mobile network, you'll only get EDGE Internet access speeds.

Obviously your have to cut the microsim down to a nanosim or wait until Simple Mobile gets nanosims.

I use Straight Talk for right now. Since it uses AT&T towers, I'm able to achieve 3G speeds at a 2GB amount.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:15 PM   #3
articulatefool
macrumors regular

Quote:

Simple Mobile runs off T-Mobile HSPA+. So it will work with a Verizon iPhone 5 out of the box or an unlocked AT&T iPhone5.

Don't expect to actually see 3g/4g unless your area has been farmed with the 1900 MHz spectrum.

T-Mobile anticipates that most US markets will be farmed for 1900 MHz by the end of the year.

***Stratight Talk is a better deal as they don't throttle T-Mobile Sims; they only shaft the AT&T guys***
articulatefool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:22 PM   #4
RoGySerbia
macrumors newbie

For me it's important to have text & calls UNLIMITED with 4G internet connection... I don't wanna 3G...
I saw today in a mirror of a T-Mobile store that their 50$ "UNLIMITED PLAN" is giving you ONLY first 100MB on 4G network...rest is 3G i think...
So that first 100MB...you gonna spend after few hours on YouTube...

What do you think is the best option for pre-paid users to use iPhone 5 with REAL 4G???

Thanks for replies!
RoGySerbia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:25 PM   #5
RNVarma
macrumors regular

Quote:
For me it's important to have text & calls UNLIMITED with 4G internet connection... I don't wanna 3G...
I saw today in a mirror of a T-Mobile store that their 50$ "UNLIMITED PLAN" is giving you ONLY first 100MB on 4G network...rest is 3G i think...

What do you think is the best option for pre-paid users to use iPhone 5 with REAL 4G???

Thanks for replies!
Straight Talk.

But be aware that any service that advertises “unlimited” data will likely have a hard cap.

When T-Mobile towers come around to supporting the iPhone, I may switch to the $30 prepaid plan with “unlimited” 4G data, unlimited SMS, and 100 minutes.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:44 AM   #6
Norcalchavo
macrumors regular

Quote:

Thanks for replies!
For what you are asking you might as well use Verizon since they have the most LTE coverage. If you're willing to sacrifice speed then I would go with a cheap plan: Simple Mobile's $40 for unlimited everything at Edge speeds for now.
Norcalchavo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:54 PM   #7
Satnam1989
Banned

Hey did u end up getting Simple Mobile? I am not able to get data to work....as in Safari doesnt load and no other apps connect to the internet except "Whatsapp", I have input the APN as "simple" all lower case without the quotes.

Update: Got it working, just needed to do a Reset Network Settings on the iPhone. Getting 3G and Download speeds of up to 11Mbps Down and 5-7Mbps UP! in Bronzeville Chicago, IL

Last edited by Satnam1989; Feb 14, 2013 at 09:32 PM.
Satnam1989 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone