Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yidan82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2010
So today I posted on craigslist that I would like to trade my white iphone 5 for a black one. I was tired of waiting for AT&T to replenish their stock so I could switch it out. Someone responded to my post and we met up to do the switch. When I got home I plugged the phone into itunes and started a restore and to my surprise I had the following message pop up on the screen, "Congratuations, your iphone has been unlocked" Apparently this individual had a factory unlocked iphone that he traded for a factory locked one so I guess i come up one on the trade!!!:D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-25 at 10.27.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-25 at 10.27.09 PM.png
    432.8 KB · Views: 562

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
as much as i LOVE my white 5 i tried this...so far...no response but i don't really care just thought i would see if anyone was interested :rolleyes:

Kovax

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2012
Me TOO

I too have a white iPhone5 but wanted the black one. I did the pre-order and was half asleep and didn't realize it until I check in on it before it was delivered. I had a white 3Gs and a black 4. I like the black one better.
I just put a craigslist post out there to see if i get any takers.

*fingers crossed*

destiny909090

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2012
I too have a white iPhone5 but wanted the black one. I did the pre-order and was half asleep and didn't realize it until I check in on it before it was delivered. I had a white 3Gs and a black 4. I like the black one better.
I just put a craigslist post out there to see if i get any takers.

*fingers crossed*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200832435622?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

:D:D:D:D:D:D

----------

So today I posted on craigslist that I would like to trade my white iphone 5 for a black one. I was tired of waiting for AT&T to replenish their stock so I could switch it out. Someone responded to my post and we met up to do the switch. When I got home I plugged the phone into itunes and started a restore and to my surprise I had the following message pop up on the screen, "Congratuations, your iphone has been unlocked" Apparently this individual had a factory unlocked iphone that he traded for a factory locked one so I guess i come up one on the trade!!!:D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200832435622?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

:D

Ben01010

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2010
I wanna trade my AT&T black 16GB black iphone 5 for a white one... Just got it two days ago

It'sMyPrecious

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
Between heaven and hell
Lol when I was stuck with the black 4s I wanted to trade for a white one :p

I would never trade my white 5 for a black. :D

And I wish I had gone with AT&T. Unlocking AT&T phones is so much easier. I mean, you can just pay five bucks for someone to do it. However, I'm stuck with Verizon. Boo.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Call me crazy but why the $!@k would you buy one color just to trade it? Why not just order, wait and buy the color you want or just wait? Seems so STUPID to take a risk.

----------

Lol when I was stuck with the black 4s I wanted to trade for a white one :p

I would never trade my white 5 for a black. :D

And I wish I had gone with AT&T. Unlocking AT&T phones is so much easier. I mean, you can just pay five bucks for someone to do it. However, I'm stuck with Verizon. Boo.

Verizon unlocks phones too bro so I dunno where your coming with that nonsense.

weesy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
as much as i LOVE my white 5 i tried this...so far...no response but i don't really care just thought i would see if anyone was interested :rolleyes:

i did the same, put a post out on craigslist. i actually do want to trade tho. no luck :(

FixBrokeni

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Why not just do a color conversion and avoid all of the hassle and risk of meeting someone you found on Craigslist?

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California

I miss iTunes 10!

weesy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Why not just do a color conversion and avoid all of the hassle and risk of meeting someone you found on Craigslist?

thats what i was looking to do actually! but i haven't found a website or store or anywhere that seems to be offering it for a 5. every where i've checked either says coming soon or doesn't even offer it

FixBrokeni

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
thats what i was looking to do actually! but i haven't found a website or store or anywhere that seems to be offering it for a 5. every where i've checked either says coming soon or doesn't even offer it

We're launching our iPhone 5 services very shortly, one of which will be color conversions. I'll be sure to PM you when they're up.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Call me crazy but why the $!@k would you buy one color just to trade it? Why not just order, wait and buy the color you want or just wait? Seems so STUPID to take a risk.

What's wrong with that? It's the best part about craigslist. If you're bored with something, trade it. When the S3 first came out, it was impossible to find a blue one, so I jumped on a white one. I put up an ad on CL and in a week, I had traded for a blue one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.