Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I saw that Little Snitch 3 went final. It looks like a great upgrade, but I wanted to see if people were having a bug-free experience first.

beardboy

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2007
Bath
I've had no issues since the beta's myself. It just works fine on my MacBook Pro and Mac Mini.

sergus

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2010
I am also interested in this one. How does it work for incoming connections? Are they annoying?

mrjcleaver

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
Seems okay, but, I'm a bit surprised it still doesn't seem to let me match a rule from a specific subdomain (cache23.google.com) to the whole domain (google.com)

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I've been using the beta's and haven't had any issues. I mainly upgraded because the network monitor I was using wasn't compatible with Mountain Lion, and the Little Snitch network monitor was. That said, I didn't like having to hover over the network monitor icon to see what was going on. Overall though, I'm happy with it. I figure if I don't notice a program like Little Snitch often, it's working well :)

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Thanks, sounds like things are pretty stable. I always get nervous about updating their application considering how embedded it is into the soft underbelly of OS X.

robert05au

macrumors regular
May 19, 2005
Dubbo, NSW
I have been using Little Snitch since version 1.0 and have been using all the betas of version 3 and now version 3 full and no issues with any of the betas and nothing with the full version 3

ObiJuan2080

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2012
Virginia Beach
USBMUXD Problem...?

Lately (for me) but on going for my wife for a while now, our iPhone 4S's haven't been connecting to iTunes wirelessly. Everything imaginable has been tried, from router reboots to iPhone restores, reboots and hard boots, in iTunes Sync Wirelessly is checked and yes, even allowed USBMUXD connection on LS3. Our operating systems are all updated to the latest firmware as well as our phones (iOS 6)

I thought I finally identified the problem, LS3, but again those connections are allowed. Is there something I'm missing? A rule to add that I wasn't aware of? Has anyone had this problem as well?

phantasmagoria

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2006
UK
Similarly, no problems with the beta here and likewise with the full release. Little Snitch is one of those apps that I have no issue with upgrading when a new release comes out. Rarely causes problems and they don't abuse loyalty by demanding paid upgrades too often.

trigf

Suspended
Jun 16, 2009
I saw that Little Snitch 3 went final. It looks like a great upgrade, but I wanted to see if people were having a bug-free experience first.

Don't use version 3.x if you connect to a bunch of peers, as it currently has a bug in it that gobbles up memory. My Little Snitch Network Monitor is currently using 1.7 GB of my 8 GB.

They posted this on their forums a few weeks ago:

We are currently hard working on improving the memory and CPU
consumption of the Little Snitch Network Monitor.

The reason for eating up so much memory currently is, that
all connections are monitor and stored even if those connections
have occurred hours ago. Caused by a bug.

By using services such as torrent, connecting to hundreds of
different servers, the number of connection increases,
and so does the memory consumption.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but as already mentioned, we
are working hard to get the best performance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.