Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prav936

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2011
Dear All,
I have upgraded my Iphone 4 from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 6. After that, I have noticed that, I am unable to upgrade/install the apps from App store. The new app icon says as WAITING but don't install.

Has anyone experienced similar problems and anyone knows how to resolve it?

Regards
Prav936

newbreed23

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I had this problem. Weird fix. Check your iTunes music app on your phone. Go to the more tab and see if you have any songs trying to download. Cancel those downloads with a swipe and delete. That should allow your phone to install and update apps from the App Store. I had iTunes Match on and a few songs froze mid download and kept trying to connect, thus not allowing a second connection to the App Store. Good luck. Hope this works for you like it did for me. I know how frustrating it was.

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
The same thing happened to my moms iphone 4, all I did was tap the app that was trying to update (on the home screen not the app store) and it started downloading. It was weird but its only done it once that I know of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.