Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Aug 24, 2005, 05:46 AM   #1
nsheikh80
macrumors regular

Powerbook Dock/Port Replicator

One of the things I miss most from my Windows laptop days is the convenience of a docking station/port replicator for my Powerbook.

I always use my Powerbook in clamshell mode whever I am at home but I don't like having to disconnect and connect 5 cables everytime I move around.

Would you buy a Powerbook dock/port replicator? Why do you think there isn't one?
nsheikh80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 06:57 AM   #2
caveman_uk

There is a company (there may be others) that sells docking stations for Powermacs. The product is called BookEndz and they sell a number of different types. But judging this example link they are butt ugly and expensive ($265!!!)
caveman_uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 08:21 AM   #3
dmied
macrumors newbie

Bookendz recommendation

Bookendz is the only company I know of that makes docking stations for Mac laqtops. I have one of their stations for my ibook and never had any problems with it. From the link, it looks like the latest port arrangement on the Powerbook gave the company some headaches. At least the station will also give you a slight upward slope on your powerbook.
In other words, I strongly recommend the company based on my personal experience with them. I don't know about the Powerbook docking station in particular.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs