Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AntonisCy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
How does this feature work in the cases of :

-Someone calling you (Silent or does the caller get a "cant reach the cell number")

-Someone sending you a text (Silent or does the sms not arrive until you disable the DND feature) ?

Thanks

njaremka

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2010
the new iphone user guide, including iOS 6 is available in the ibook store. i suggest downloading it, as it covers the purposes for each of the settings, including Do Not Disturb.

when someone calls you, and do not disturb is active, the phone will not ring and the call will be directed straight to voice mail.

when someone sends you a message, the message will come through, but the phone will not indicate that you have received a new message.

xyion1

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
the new iphone user guide, including iOS 6 is available in the ibook store. i suggest downloading it, as it covers the purposes for each of the settings, including Do Not Disturb.

when someone calls you, and do not disturb is active, the phone will not ring and the call will be directed straight to voice mail.

when someone sends you a message, the message will come through, but the phone will not indicate that you have received a new message.

With the new integration of Messages on iOS6 & ML, DND mode is awesome for saving battery life while I'm texting away on my MBP.

Ay_Zimmy

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
How does this feature work in the cases of :

-Someone calling you (Silent or does the caller get a "cant reach the cell number")

-Someone sending you a text (Silent or does the sms not arrive until you disable the DND feature) ?

Thanks

If someone calls it never rings, vibrates or sits in silence.. It automatically goes to voicemail and shows you with a missed call. Not sure about texts though

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
it basically just turns off the ringer, vibrator, and making the screen light up.

there is an option to let the phone ring if someone calls twice in 3 minutes.

you can also allow calls to ring through from certain groups of people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.