Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slightly Hyphy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Simple question. My current phone is the iPhone 4 which had the glass back, so I have a screen protector on the back. Does the iPhone 5 also need a back protector given that it now has a metal back?

Slightly Hyphy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I plan to use a case on my iphone 5 when I get it...so do you think a back protector is still necessary? I'm not sure if pieces of dust or something could scratch the iphone 5 back even when it is in case?

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Im using a case but I still want to use a back protector. I wanna avoid wet installs thought.

Insilin1i

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I'v always used screen and back protectors on my phones, and I would think the iPhone 5 is going to need it to. Though I never used cases on mine. Just waiting for SGP to release their full body kit dry install because I'm not much of a fan of wet installs.

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
I keep hearing about the iPhone 5 back being easily scratched. Dont have one currently but going to purchase one real soon.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
waiting for my full body protector from bodyguardz.com. I'll only be using the sides and back with a monoprice bumper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.