Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cybiker

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
I haven't found any threads on this topic since the 4S launch and since new headsets are coming out all the the time I'd like to see if any of you have found ones that work well.

Here are the ones I've tried;

Plantronics Marque M155: have to hold button down for a few seconds for Siri to come up. Picks up a lot of background noise so Siri rarely deactivates without clicking on the microphone on the screen.

Motorola H17txt: Mostly the same as above although slightly better at reducing background noise.

Jawbone Era: Absolutely destroys background noise but you have to hold down the tiny button towards the back of the headset.

Motorola H19txt: Just came out, only have to click the button on the headset (what I'm looking for) and does OK with background noise but not nearly as well as the Jawbone.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I haven't found any threads on this topic since the 4S launch and since new headsets are coming out all the the time I'd like to see if any of you have found ones that work well.

Here are the ones I've tried;

Plantronics Marque M155: have to hold button down for a few seconds for Siri to come up. Picks up a lot of background noise so Siri rarely deactivates without clicking on the microphone on the screen.

Motorola H17txt: Mostly the same as above although slightly better at reducing background noise.

Jawbone Era: Absolutely destroys background noise but you have to hold down the tiny button towards the back of the headset.

Motorola H19txt: Just came out, only have to click the button on the headset (what I'm looking for) and does OK with background noise but not nearly as well as the Jawbone.

I have the Bose Series 2.....works great. Just press the talk button once and Siri pops up. Haven't had an issue with her understanding me yet.

-Kevin

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
I have the Bose and it works with Siri- there are some glitches every now and then but it works- hold the button down and you hear a beep and then the Siri beep/tone - the battery life is not that great on the Bose and it sticks out the side of my head really far but the noise cancellation is great- thats why I got it....

Cybiker

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
With the Bose, is it one quick click and Siri comes right up, or do you have to hold the button for a a period for it to come up. Most of the headsets i've encountered (other than the H19txt) usually require you to hold the button for a moment, listen to the headset chime and then the Siri chime. The H19txt doesn't play it's own chime just goes directly to the Siri chime right after tapping the button.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
With the Bose, is it one quick click and Siri comes right up, or do you have to hold the button for a a period for it to come up. Most of the headsets i've encountered (other than the H19txt) usually require you to hold the button for a moment, listen to the headset chime and then the Siri chime. The H19txt doesn't play it's own chime just goes directly to the Siri chime right after tapping the button.

For the Bose......

- Press the headset button once - no need to hold it
- You'll hear the headset do a quick beep (and see Siri open on the phone)
- After about 2 seconds....Siri will activate and you hear the Siri beep

Overall the Bose is my favorite headset. It's the most comfortable I've had....and the best sounding. Granted....they technically don't have noise cancellation....they call it noise-rejecting. I think I like it because every noise canceling headset I've tried sounded back to my callers.

The price is a bit high....especially since you have a shorter battery life and no battery indicator on the phone. Maybe the Series 3 if they ever release it will.

-Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.