Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I have over 300+ apps on my iPhone. Over the last 4 years, I've probably bought over 600 ... They are ALL on my itunes library under the "apps" tab. I'm wondering if there's a way that when I delete the app on my iPhone, when it syncs to itunes, it will delete the app from there also???

pgrider

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Pretty sure you can right-click on the app in iTunes and select "Delete". Then the next time you sync your phone that app will NOT be re-installed to the phone. I recently cleaned a bunch of old apps out of my iTunes and they seem to be gone for good.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Sorry I may not have been clear. I'm looking for an automatic workflow, such that when I delete an app off of my iPhone, it not only doesn't sync anymore (which is the behavior of itunes), but will also delete the app from my hard drive/itunes library.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Sorry I may not have been clear. I'm looking for an automatic workflow, such that when I delete an app off of my iPhone, it not only doesn't sync anymore (which is the behavior of itunes), but will also delete the app from my hard drive/itunes library.

No, there is no way to do that. It makes sense in Apple's mind as people have limited space on their iPhones (so they may delete apps) but computers have large HDs that can keep that app around in case you want to install again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.