Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Ever since updating my iphone 4s and my ipad 3 to ios6 I've been getting very odd wifi dropouts, I'll get zero internet for several minutes then it's fine, once in a while it won't be fine and I'll have to go into settings and forget the wifi network and set it up again and then it works great for a little while. It's not my internet connection as I can set my ipad right next to my laptop and the laptop gets a good number on speedtest.

Is this something other users are experiencing. I know there was the no internet with ios6 due to some Apple authentication page being down, this isn't it, and yes I tried to set http proxy to auto and it didn't make a difference.

lpeedin

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2011
Turning WiFi off then back on seems to fix it for me. Strange thing is that I'm also experiencing issues with my MBP as well. After I connect to the WiFi in my office and then connect back to my home WiFi I have to do the same thing on the MBP. It was updated to 10.8.2 at the same time I updated to iOS6.

I'm using a Belkin N300 at home.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
I've had this too, wonder if they re-calibrated the wifi signal meter. I've been getting times of very weak signal then full signal. All since updating to io6

Either that or they built in a wifi dormant low power mode. My battery life is better :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.