Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
....... English (Australia)

runner ups rounding out the top three are:
Spanish (Spain)
Chinese (Mandarin - Taiwan)

Honorable Mentions:
Japanese
Korean

DIShonorable mentions:
all the man voices.

One interesting thing: sometimes the other languages will translate the english request.

I also speak spanish and an interesting thing about spanish (which will probably work with the other languages) is that it will pick up inflections. If I ask if it will rain today in a direct tone it won't understand at all. But if I ask the same question in a questioning tone it will tell me the forecast lol.

The available Siris I have on my US iPhone 5 are, in order, presented by the Settings->Siri menu
Chinese (Cantonese - Hong Kong)
Chinese (Mandarin - China)
English (Australia)
English (Canada)
English (United Kingdom) man voice, wtf, I was hoping for a hot brit chick voice
English (United States)
French (Canada)
French (France) man voice
French (Switzerland) man voice
German (Germany)
German (Switzerland)
Italian (Italy)
Italian (Switzerland)
Japanese
Korean
Spanish (Mexico)
Spanish (Spain)
Spanish (United States)

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
....... English (Australia)

runner ups rounding out the top three are:
Spanish (Spain)

Honorable Mentions:
Japanese
Korean

DIShonorable mentions:
all the man voices.

One interesting thing: sometimes the other languages will translate the english request.

I also speak spanish and an interesting thing about spanish (which will probably work with the other languages) is that it will pick up inflections. If I ask if it will rain today in a direct tone it won't understand at all. But if I ask the same question in a questioning tone it will tell me the forecast lol.

The available Siris I have on my US iPhone 5 are, in order, presented by the Settings->Siri menu
Chinese (Cantonese - Hong Kong)
Chinese (Mandarin - China)
English (Australia)
English (Canada)
English (United Kingdom) man voice, wtf, I was hoping for a hot brit chick voice
English (United States)
French (Canada)
French (France) man voice
French (Switzerland) man voice
German (Germany)
German (Switzerland)
Italian (Italy)
Italian (Switzerland)
Japanese
Korean
Spanish (Mexico)
Spanish (Spain)
Spanish (United States)

I HATE the fact that UK Siri is a bloke..... I wanted some hot sexy posh bird voice, like Liz Hurley.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
Anybody know how accurate English(Australian) is for people speaking American dialects? Does she fail at understanding American pronunciations and sentence structure?

----------

I HATE the fact that UK Siri is a bloke..... I wanted some hot sexy posh bird voice, like Liz Hurley.

They were playing off the fact that British people want to feel like they have a fancy English butler...at least that's what I read somewhere

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.