Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

candlestickjack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
There is a feature to swipe away notifications that pop up by using a two-finger swipe from left to right while hovering over the notification. I've read about it on multiple websites (http://osxdaily.com/2012/09/05/dismiss-notifications-os-x-quickly-swipe/), and seen this work on friends' computers, but I am unable to make it work.

Is there anyone else who has had this issue, and know how to solve it? I can't find anything in trackpad settings or in notification center settings. I thought it might have to do with the fact that I was using Better Touch Tools, but I closed that and restarted my computer to no avail.

I am using a Mid-2011 13" Macbook Air.

dncrews

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2012
Fixed: Notification Center Alerts Swipe to Dismiss Not Working

I figured out why it didn't work for me. You probably don't care anymore, but for future people: the two-finger swipe to dismiss notifications only works if you have "Swipe between pages" turned on in your settings.

I never liked that feature because I would accidentally go back <-> forward in Safari, but that's the event that triggers the notification dismissal, too.

Reactions: chrismear

renderf0x

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
Fixed: Notification Center Alerts Swipe to Dismiss Not Working

I figured out why it didn't work for me. You probably don't care anymore, but for future people: the two-finger swipe to dismiss notifications only works if you have "Swipe between pages" turned on in your settings.

I never liked that feature because I would accidentally go back <-> forward in Safari, but that's the event that triggers the notification dismissal, too.

Thanks for this -- made an account in the forums just to say that.
This was driving me nuts, and I had no idea how to turn it back on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.