Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
So... happy finally put the iPhone up on the site to order, 3-4 weeks!! this is ridiculous, anyone else get sooner? i order at about 2:30am this morning!!

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Here! Tried the Apple Store at 12:15am before going to sleep. Decided I needed sleep more than I needed to order my phone in the first few minutes it became available. Glad I waited until waking up this morning now that it seems there was no faster shipping than 3-4 weeks!

But yes, pretty crap that it's such a long wait. From memory, by ordering in the first few minutes of availability, last year I made it into the slightly earlier online 4S order group - think that was 1-2 or 2-3 weeks. People ordering about an hour or so later experienced an additional 1-2 weeks shipping.

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
Here! Tried the Apple Store at 12:15am before going to sleep. Decided I needed sleep more than I needed to order my phone in the first few minutes it became available. Glad I waited until waking up this morning now that it seems there was no faster shipping than 3-4 weeks!

But yes, pretty crap that it's such a long wait. From memory, by ordering in the first few minutes of availability, last year I made it into the slightly earlier online 4S order group - think that was 1-2 or 2-3 weeks. People ordering about an hour or so later experienced an additional 1-2 weeks shipping.

Exactly! this is stupid, wonder is there is any other way to get to buy one outright from somewhere else!

POOR JOB APPLE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.