Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stark4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Florida
i just bought a ATV3 but didn't know that i cannot jailbreak. So i'm looking for ATV2 now on ebay to jailbreak. I just want to know is there anything that i should look out for before buying ATV2? Can i buy any software version that came with ATV2 or do i need the certain OS version on ATV2 in order to jailbreak?

Also where can i read more latest information about jailbreaking ATV2. I found coupe of sites but there were written a while back.

Thanks

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
i just bought a ATV3 but didn't know that i cannot jailbreak. So i'm looking for ATV2 now on ebay to jailbreak. I just want to know is there anything that i should look out for before buying ATV2? Can i buy any software version that came with ATV2 or do i need the certain OS version on ATV2 in order to jailbreak?

Also where can i read more latest information about jailbreaking ATV2. I found coupe of sites but there were written a while back.

Thanks

Well the latest update, within the last week, is--as far as I know--not jailbreakable. However, if it is being sold I doubt someone would update it so recently--especially if they know being able to jb adds value to the ATV2. Also, there wasn't much changed in this latest update so it should be jb soon (if not right now).

Other than that, the ATV2 is the one to get if you want to jb it.

Michael

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007

Thanks

I've got an ATV2 that's already been jailbroken that I'm going to sell. I'm going to get an ATV3 because I'd rather have 1080p on my 42" than 720p & some tweaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.