Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Slimzee
macrumors member

Connecting a Iphone for the first time

Hi

I am eagerly awaiting my first Iphone. I am unsure what is going to happen the first time I connect it to Itunes.

I have a Ipad one as well, when I connect my Iphone 5 for the first time to Itunes, is it going to sync all of my itunes to my Iphone 5?

I am unsure if I want to do this. Can I make it connect to Itunes to enable the phone but not make it sync with anything? i.e apps/music/photos/.books/etc?
Slimzee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:20 PM   #2
snook911
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimzee View Post
Hi

I am eagerly awaiting my first Iphone. I am unsure what is going to happen the first time I connect it to Itunes.

I have a Ipad one as well, when I connect my Iphone 5 for the first time to Itunes, is it going to sync all of my itunes to my Iphone 5?

I am unsure if I want to do this. Can I make it connect to Itunes to enable the phone but not make it sync with anything? i.e apps/music/photos/.books/etc?
The first time you hook up to iTunes it may start syncing automaticly but everything(music,movies, TV shows ect..) is set to not sync by default. After the first sync is done then you can go back and check off what you would like to sync to the iPhone.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone