Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryann9182

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Is it different from the 4/4S in terms of quality and the way it's seated? The home button on my iPhone 5 feels very tactile and has a hard/deeper click to it than any other idevice that I've used. My iPhone 4 home button is a very soft click compared to my 5. It's definitely louder on the 5 too. Is this the norm on this phone?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The assembly of the home button was changed with the 5. THere's a metal bracket under there to prevent mushy home buttons.

iU1LmdnGRvXSnMHt.huge

bryann9182

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2011

I used google

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&q=+site:forums.macrumors.com+iphone+5+home+button+mac+rumors&sa=X&ei=CntlUOXwBOjq0gGKqIDgCg&ved=0CEIQrQIwAg&biw=320&bih=504

Other than the 1st and 4th results I don't see much....and the 4th one doesn't really pertain to my question. And like I said, I searched very briefly. So uhhhh no, I'm not joking

kousuke18

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
The home button on my iphone 5 definitely has a more "clicky" type feel to it compared to my iphone 4 which felt "spongy". Personally I think the new home button on the iphone 5 should last longer as the one on my iphone 4 has started to crap out on me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.