Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UKmacman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Can't wait to get an iPhone 5 but it seems like there are lots of little teething problems with initial production (easy scratching, screens etc). How long does it usually take apple to get into the full swing of things and constantly produce phones that are 100% okay?

Saying that do people think that apple actually change things as they go so things like scratching, which they seem very prone to, is reduced?

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Can't wait to get an iPhone 5 but it seems like there are lots of little teething problems with initial production (easy scratching, screens etc). How long does it usually take apple to get into the full swing of things and constantly produce phones that are 100% okay?

The issues will be solved with the release of the next iPhone, but then again that phone will have all new kinds of made up problems.

Its best to just never buy am iPhone :rolleyes:

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012

Saying that do people think that apple actually change things as they go so things like scratching, which they seem very prone to, is reduced?

The back/grey iPhone 5 is what it is and unless Apple changes it mid production, it will always scratch with ease. Waiting for this to "heal" is useless. Get a white phone or case the other.

Apple has never made a "perfect" phone. No one has.

Lindsford

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2012

My iPhone 5 is flawless. Used it nearly a week with no case yet

UKmacman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Ok. Well good to hear I guess. Now I just got to be able to get myself one!!!

kousuke18

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
This might just have been blown out of proportion or I was just lucky to have gotten one without any scuffing/scratches...

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
IMO it's best never to buy the first version of an iPhone with a new design. E.g. the 3G wasn't worth it simply because it wasn't actually faster than the 2G (except for faster mobile data), the 4 had the the antenna issues, the 5 now seems to have a couple of issues (wifi, scuffing, etc). Hence I'd only buy the second and revamped version of each iPhone, if any at all.

Unfortunately it took some time for me to understand that, so so far I've had the 2G, the 3G and now still have the 4....

UKmacman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Just to add to this. What is strange is that I have just been into 02 in uk and looked at the test model which must get bashed by all sorts of people and I can't see a mark on it. Weird!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.