Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alfonsomac

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Hi guys.

I bought my new iPhone 5 this morning. It's black, and luckly it has no scratches ;)

But i found an iOS 6 bug (i guess) which compromises the usage of my new device.
I let you to see the problem in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQlekP9HzS4&feature=youtu.be

That's always happens (the screen goes black when the brightness level is a little less than the half); instead, sometimes the screen goes all black and i can restore the brightness locking and unlocking the device.
Should i wait for an update, or should i change it?
Anyone have the same issue?

Sorry fo the english :)

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
That's always happens, and sometimes the screen goes all black. Should i wait for an update, or should i change it?
Anyone have the same issue?

What do you mean? The screen goes black when you're in the middle of doing something or when you're not touching it?

Alfonsomac

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2012
What do you mean? The screen goes black when you're in the middle of doing something or when you're not touching it?

Both.
For example, before happened when i had to compose the wifi password.

I tried to restore the iPhone but nothing changed.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Both.
For example, before happened when i had to compose the wifi password.

I tried to restore the iPhone but nothing changed.

Does it turn back on when you hit the home button? Maybe you have it set to one minute for screen lock?

I would imagine it's an OS thing and not a iPhone 5 thing? Not sure.

Alfonsomac

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Does it turn back on when you hit the home button? Maybe you have it set to one minute for screen lock?

I would imagine it's an OS thing and not a iPhone 5 thing? Not sure.

No of course not. That's my third iPhone i would know :)

Yep, i'm pretty sure it's an OS thing and not a iPhone 5 thing...

I think i'm gonna wait the next software update but if it will come after 14 days i bought the iPhone, i would return it back... i mean it happens occasionally... :(

iPhoneBangla

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2011
No of course not. That's my third iPhone i would know :)

Yep, i'm pretty sure it's an OS thing and not a iPhone 5 thing...

I think i'm gonna wait the next software update but if it will come after 14 days i bought the iPhone, i would return it back... i mean it happens occasionally... :(
Same problem here, I am getting it replaced, I also have other problems such as internet connectivity and push email not working.

Alfonsomac

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Could be a hardware issue with the backlight...

You could be right.
When i see the white color on the iPhone, the white changes its saturation continuously...
I called the Apple Store but they don't have any model to replace with :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.