Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
I currently have a motorola speaker, but it doesn't work the best with Siri due to ambient noise.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
The Bluetooth built in to my Bimmer works just fine during my daily commute for voice, text and music.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
Ordered this from newegg although they don't seem to have it on their site anymore

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Blueto...d=1349117615&sr=8-2&keywords=belkin+bluetooth

I must have gotten lucky because they were selling it for $55. I've had it for two days so far and love it. No wires and connects right into my aux jack. Not sure if this is what you were looking for but I HIGHLY recommend it. Awesome quality and the phone stays in my pocket

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
If only my vehicle had built in Bluetooth, I would love to use it. But, alas. So, I need a different system.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I use a Scala Rider G4 in my motorcycle helmet. Worked great with my 4S. Have yet to try it with the iPhone 5.

bdoople

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
My $100 JVC headunit has front and back USB ports (if I want to go that route, I usually just leave a 32GB thumb drive loaded with music plugged in) and bluetooth, so I use that. Works with music, XM app, and Pandora (doesn't allow controls on the XM app but still plays audio). Works great. Came with a mic and plays the calls through your car speakers.

Here

Only issue is it doesn't play CDs, but I don't care between my phone and portable devices. Also supports my 250GB portable hard drive.

db67fm

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I use a Plantronics M25. Got it at walmart for $28.

m25.jpg

Its the first bluetooth I have used so I don't have anything to compare it to but I am happy with it. I primarily use it to listen to music and podcasts while driving my truck and Siri works well about 90% of the time.

I drive semi trucks so its very loud in the cab. People I am talking to can hear a lot of engine noise but can still hear me well. And the volume level is good enough to hear with the engine revving and jake brake rattling away...

I also love the features of Bluetooth V3 and A2DP that lets me listen to podcasts and music through the earpiece.

The battery life is pretty good. I can listen to podcasts for a whole 10 hour shift and take a few calls and the battery has about 10% left. BTW, with BT v3 the iphone 5 shows the battery level on the iphones screen.

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
handsfree built into my BMW's headunit (2011 E90 335d), Blackberry Music Gateway tucked away in the center console for A2DP streaming. This combination works like a champ.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.