Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayiw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Hello,

Does anyone else have the same issue on their iPhone 5 where the Alert Tone are not as loud as the Ringtone? I am not talking about the tone itself, but the actual setting. For example, if you put the volume all the way up, then you set say "calypso" to the Ringtone and you also assign it to Text Alert, it seems almost twice as loud as when it's in the Ringtone setting. It does that with all the sounds. Much louder as a Ringtone then a Alert Tone. I am wondering if it's an issue with my iP5 or if that's just the way it is on all.

Thanks,
Jay

SoCalJinx

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
barely audible alert tones

I'm having the same problem. The volume is up all the way but when I test the tones for a voice mail they come out barely audible.

SoCalJinx

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
Alert sound not loud

Jay, I spoke with an Apple advisor today and he had me do a hard reset, by pressing the home button and power buttons simultaneously, then waiting for the screen to come on again. That fixed the problem.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Skd1007

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
Mine did the same thing. I did a hard reset like someone posted on here and it fixed it

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
I did some testing when I had this problem. The problem is that the alert tone is getting associated with the media volume (music videos etc) . When I would turn it all the way down, text tones would go down, turn it back up, and they would be normal. A reboot then fixed it for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.