Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:05 PM   #26
PerPlekz
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Cmon guys, i understand you don't see yourself justifying what money you have on these cases, but there is no need to throw your "Haha i would NeVAR BuY THeSE cases!LOZLs" posts all over the place.

Thanks
PerPlekz is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:51 PM   #27
AFDoc
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado Springs USA for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by archrider View Post
good point! Is that pronounced case-swill?
www.caseswill.com
AFDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:01 AM   #28
ARH1956
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Killed my 4s

The Element case killed the signal on my 4s. It lost 3 bars with it on. It looked great and seemed to be well designed otherwise.
__________________
27" iMac i7; 13" MB Pro; 13" MBA 2.13, 11" MBA 256G i7; 64GB iPhone 5, iPad Air 128G 4G, iPad miniR; iPad 2 64GB 3G & lots of Canon DSLR gear..
ARH1956 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:10 AM   #29
archrider
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv2 View Post
These cases are ridiculously overpriced. For this much money they better give oral sex or something! I mean, the funny thing to is, it's just some glorified bumper with a back sticker. How many schmucks buy into this? haha

At least the Lifeproof cases at around $90, can go swimming with you! This stuff though? Garbage.
Did you say oral sex is included? How do they deliver that?
archrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:11 AM   #30
Erock2
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Still looking to buy one, a little disappointed they won't ship until the 18th, so i'm not sure if I should wait or not.
Erock2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:11 AM   #31
AFDoc
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado Springs USA for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARH1956 View Post
The Element case killed the signal on my 4s. It lost 3 bars with it on. It looked great and seemed to be well designed otherwise.
Which case did you have? The ones with the RF "window" worked well for me. No RF window = no go for signal.
AFDoc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:13 AM   #32
PerPlekz
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARH1956 View Post
The Element case killed the signal on my 4s. It lost 3 bars with it on. It looked great and seemed to be well designed otherwise.
was that before they started making them with the pre-rubber insert piece? No one really had any real signal loss after they implemented that that i heard about.
PerPlekz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:18 AM   #33
archrider
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARH1956 View Post
The Element case killed the signal on my 4s. It lost 3 bars with it on. It looked great and seemed to be well designed otherwise.
The original Element Vapor killed signal. The Pro did not. The polymer parts have successfully resolved signal issues.
archrider is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:35 AM   #34
der-kaiser
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARH1956 View Post
The Element case killed the signal on my 4s. It lost 3 bars with it on. It looked great and seemed to be well designed otherwise.
They stopped making cases without the polymer inserts half a year before the 4s came out.
der-kaiser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:36 AM   #35
pablo7
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA.
C'mon chinese replica's............
pablo7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:40 AM   #36
Ntran
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv2 View Post
These cases are ridiculously overpriced. For this much money they better give oral sex or something! I mean, the funny thing to is, it's just some glorified bumper with a back sticker. How many schmucks buy into this? haha

At least the Lifeproof cases at around $90, can go swimming with you! This stuff though? Garbage.
Use my Ziplock bag to cover my new IP5 and it can swim with me very well. I paid around $10 for a box of 40 bags, way much cheaper than your case. If you are looking for something cheap and usable, I still have a bunch of spare bags to share. How does that sound?
Ntran is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:44 AM   #37
Risingkazuya05
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
C'mon Caseswill and caseinthebox!
I'm PATIENTLY waiting for your $20 copies
Risingkazuya05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:56 PM   #38
Jasonv2
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntran View Post
Use my Ziplock bag to cover my new IP5 and it can swim with me very well. I paid around $10 for a box of 40 bags, way much cheaper than your case. If you are looking for something cheap and usable, I still have a bunch of spare bags to share. How does that sound?
I'd love to test a Lifeproof case vs your ziplock bag. haha So you can bring it in the water. Wonder how your bag would fare in a drop test? What is everyone doing looking for cases, apparently a ziplock bag is all we need.

The fact is, people paying upwards of $140 for these element "cases" and they don't even offer proper protection. I mean, if I'm going to be spending over $100, it better be an amazing case all around. All this does is protect the sides. Sure I understand they use aircraft grade aluminum and all that marketing hoop-lah-blah-blah. End of the day the phone isn't fully protected, it's just a bumper.

Just have to ask yourself, what is this case going to bring to the table?

1. Can you put it underwater? No.
2. Could you drop it on sand/dirt? No.
3. All around protection for drops? No.
4. Is the phone fully sealed off by the case? No.
5. Could you jog/athletic activities with this? No. No shock protection and again not safe with drops, screen is open.

I don't even know if the sides are fully protected, your putting a hard material up against the phone, if any dust/debris get in there, that will be scratch city. So why exactly is this case worth so much? It isn't, it's a silly case, might as well go buy a gold bumper with diamonds for even more $$$.

Last edited by Jasonv2; Sep 29, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
Jasonv2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:48 PM   #39
PerPlekz
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv2 View Post
I'd love to test a Lifeproof case vs your ziplock bag. haha So you can bring it in the water. Wonder how your bag would fare in a drop test? What is everyone doing looking for cases, apparently a ziplock bag is all we need.

The fact is, people paying upwards of $140 for these element "cases" and they don't even offer proper protection. I mean, if I'm going to be spending over $100, it better be an amazing case all around. All this does is protect the sides. Sure I understand they use aircraft grade aluminum and all that marketing hoop-lah-blah-blah. End of the day the phone isn't fully protected, it's just a bumper.

Just have to ask yourself, what is this case going to bring to the table?

1. Can you put it underwater? No.
2. Could you drop it on sand/dirt? No.
3. All around protection for drops? No.
4. Is the phone fully sealed off by the case? No.
5. Could you jog/athletic activities with this? No. No shock protection and again not safe with drops, screen is open.

I don't even know if the sides are fully protected, your putting a hard material up against the phone, if any dust/debris get in there, that will be scratch city. So why exactly is this case worth so much? It isn't, it's a silly case, might as well go buy a gold bumper with diamonds for even more $$$.
Looks fantastic.
Inside protective lining.
Does Protect corners from drops.
In my case, not really purchased as a bumper or case but as en extension of design.
PerPlekz is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:43 PM   #40
Jasonv2
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerPlekz View Post
Looks fantastic.
Inside protective lining.
Does Protect corners from drops.
In my case, not really purchased as a bumper or case but as en extension of design.
I'm sorry but you're spending $170 to make the phone look worse. Your not going to tell me surrounding the phone with a metallic bumper makes it "look" better. The phone looks like one of those bumper cars at the amusement park. If you have money to burn on nonsense like this element case, then just use the phone nude in it's finest form and buy another if you break it. Can't try to use "oh but the corners are protected." Not a valid point at this price range. Go nude if money isn't an issue, cause to be honest there's no such thing as a case that improves on Apple's design in any way.
Jasonv2 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:12 PM   #41
JonMPLS
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MN
reformed metal-case fanatic

I spent way too much on metal cases and metal hybrid cases for my iPhone 4. I did not mind a little signal loss. But what led me to quit using all of them was how they screwed up GPS. Might not notice it while you are standing still, but trying to navigate with them on was terrible.

But I really liked the look . . .
__________________
Macbook Pro, iPhone 2,4,5,5s, iPods, iPad 1,3, rMini

Last edited by JonMPLS; Sep 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM.
JonMPLS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:16 PM   #42
archrider
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
To each his own, to each his own. The last two posts sound like they're trying to talk themselves out of these evil cases.
archrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:34 PM   #43
NewYorkRanger
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Anyone who buys one of these cases, can you please post your credit card numbers and security code on here?

(worth a shot, if you're stupid enough to buy a $160 case and justify it by calling it a "premium" case, maybe you will fall for this too...)
NewYorkRanger is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:03 PM   #44
PerPlekz
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
Anyone who buys one of these cases, can you please post your credit card numbers and security code on here?

(worth a shot, if you're stupid enough to buy a $160 case and justify it by calling it a "premium" case, maybe you will fall for this too...)
lol the same can be said about people that still own cheap blackberries and how they perceive your iphone 5 purchase

/argument

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv2 View Post
I'm sorry but you're spending $170 to make the phone look worse. Your not going to tell me surrounding the phone with a metallic bumper makes it "look" better. The phone looks like one of those bumper cars at the amusement park. If you have money to burn on nonsense like this element case, then just use the phone nude in it's finest form and buy another if you break it. Can't try to use "oh but the corners are protected." Not a valid point at this price range. Go nude if money isn't an issue, cause to be honest there's no such thing as a case that improves on Apple's design in any way.
Yes, that is exactly what I am telling you. It looks freaking awesome as a matter of fact. And when I have an iPhone amongst a SEA of other people with iphones, I like to make mines stand out as much as I can, and as awesome as I can.

And the sector is where its at for me. Its not for you? Oh well, have fun with your plastic case!
PerPlekz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:40 AM   #45
Ntran
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
Anyone who buys one of these cases, can you please post your credit card numbers and security code on here?

(worth a shot, if you're stupid enough to buy a $160 case and justify it by calling it a "premium" case, maybe you will fall for this too...)
Here you are, let's see how smart you are
3668 2384 2878 87438
277

Some people drive Ferrari some drive Camry. Would you call those owning the red horses stupids for spending a fortune on their cars???

Then someone who got their cases for $2 or $3 from Ebay would call you stupid as you pay $20 for a case. Grow up, dude. Don't judge people on how they spend their money
Ntran is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:57 AM   #46
Ntran
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv2 View Post

1. Can you put it underwater? No.
2. Could you drop it on sand/dirt? No.
3. All around protection for drops? No.
4. Is the phone fully sealed off by the case? No.
5. Could you jog/athletic activities with this? No. No shock protection and again not safe with drops, screen is open.
1. Are you a diver? Do you use your phone why swimming or in the water?
2. I use my iphone as a phone or PDA, not as a ball or something to throw on sand/dirt.
3. How do you know? Have you ever used or tested the Element case?
4. Is your phone completely sealed off by the case you choose?
5. If I run I wouldn't hold the phone on my hand but leave it in the zipped pocket of my sport pants.

People are willing to pay a premium for the case because it has certain features or characteristics that they feel worth the money. Someone likes Android and some like IOS. Someone even spends thousands of dollar to cover their phones with gold. For the OP, as he mentioned MANY TIMES the case is not just a case for him.
Ntran is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:58 AM   #47
v3rn
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gonna wait a bit before I order, want to make sure I won't be satisfied with a cheaper case before I put down the money. Although I will probably spend well over $150 before I realize I should have ordered the Sector to begin with. But right now I've got the Rokform Rokshield ordered and I'm hoping I will like that enough. I'm really waiting for the Taktik which is $130 but that won't be out for a few months.
v3rn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:11 AM   #48
Jackson743
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
At $160, it's no longer protection. You need protection for your protection. Guaranteed you'll drop and scuff your phone's protection a couple of times over the phone's lifetime. Not to mention normal wear and tear with aluminum. Spending (theoretically) $320 - $480 over 2 years for signal depleting metal cases is silly.

Plus, looking at the pictures, it doesn't appear the top part adequately covers the face. And, it looks like you have to have a back over.

This case is classic form over substance.
Jackson743 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:06 AM   #49
mff123
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
anyone knows does it comes with matte or glossy finish?
mff123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:36 AM   #50
Pureplex
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mff123 View Post
anyone knows does it comes with matte or glossy finish?
the sector? right now its what you see in the picture....

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson743 View Post
At $160, it's no longer protection. You need protection for your protection. Guaranteed you'll drop and scuff your phone's protection a couple of times over the phone's lifetime. Not to mention normal wear and tear with aluminum. Spending (theoretically) $320 - $480 over 2 years for signal depleting metal cases is silly.

Plus, looking at the pictures, it doesn't appear the top part adequately covers the face. And, it looks like you have to have a back over.

This case is classic form over substance.
i think everyone understands the "Substance" which is form and that's exactly the reason of the purchase.
Pureplex is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So.. When does the Element Case Sector 5 Tactical come out? Partridge iPhone Accessories 2 Mar 22, 2013 11:38 PM
Element Sector 4 Case (Any one have one?) ET iPhone Home iPhone Accessories 7 Oct 4, 2012 03:46 PM
Element Case Sector Casing for iPhone 5 FatChick iPhone Accessories 17 Sep 14, 2012 03:39 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC