Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PerPlekz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Just received my e-mail for ordering the sector 5. And just purchased it. Orders begin shipping October 18th.

Can't wait.

Email here :

If you have received this email, you are a valued Element Case customer who has a new Sector 5 case reserved just for you.

Design and development is over for the new Sector 5 FE and we're going into production. Limited quantities of the FE will be made and you are the first to have a chance to purchase one.

You only have 24 hours to place your order and you are limited to ordering one case.
Begins shipping October 18th.

The new Sector 5 features:

- Ultra thin multi-link system for fast and easy installation
- Modular design for replacement and upgrade parts options
- CNC machined in the US using aerospace grade materials
- Large volume control ports for easy access
- Laser engraved FE First Edition insignia
- Large peripheral ports, fully compatible with the 30 Pin or Lightning cable
- Protective zipper case with Transit Kit (screen protector and speed wrench)

FIJFV.png

AdCsq.png

LISJN.png

Last edited:

PerPlekz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Element case is luxury protection, I'm not sure what to tell you. I thought macrumors knew this already.

Kung

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
No kidding. That's 4x what I paid for my iPhone. (Got 165 for my iPhone 4, so I essentially paid $35 for my iPhone 5. :D)

GenderFi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I don't know about it being premium. I sure would hate to scratch it up or have it drop with that case on it. Whilest you can have an Otterbox for 1/3 less money of that Element case or less and offer better protection. Or even the lifeproof when it comes out. Yes it is made in the USA, and I truly applaud them for that, but to me this is overpriced. But to each his own. Be sure to post pics when you get it!

PerPlekz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
I don't know about it being premium. I sure would hate to scratch it up or have it drop with that case on it. Whilest you can have an Otterbox for 1/3 less money of that Element case or less and offer better protection. Or even the lifeproof when it comes out. Yes it is made in the USA, and I truly applaud them for that, but to me this is overpriced. But to each his own. Be sure to post pics when you get it!

i can understand that the price is steep. It truly is for a case. Its just that, Hey, i really like it, so i've decided to purchase it. I've owned 2 other vapors before so I know the quality is legit. It looks really good im my opinion also.

There's no reason to justify my need for the case beyond that so with that being said, i will definitely review the case for macrumors no problem.

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
Do they sell cases for these cases?

If I buy one and drop it and my $160 case gets messed up, i'm gonna be pissed :mad:

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I like their designs so much that when I buy the phone I just figure this case in the amount I have to spend. It's part of the phone to me. With the aluminum phone (scuff gate) for me the protection is mandatory but I don't want to downgrade the phone with a lot of plastic around it. I will put a clear skin on the back and sides. The front is Gorilla glass. With Applecare Plus I'm worry free and good to go.

With eight parts all machined out of expensive materials with CNC and the finishes. The design, research and development that went into it. It might be pricy but ripoff I think not.

These comparisons with the price of the phone are bogus. Lets all remember the 32 Gb phone $299.00 is really $750.00 without ATT, Verizon, or Sprint adding in some money that you pay them in your two year commitment.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
I'm waiting until they shoot me an email telling me I can order. I loved to vapor pro I had can't wait for the sector.

PerPlekz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
You know what You guys made me realize.

I don't really think of the Element "CASE" as a case, i look at it as an extension of my phone as far as design...with the added protection built in.

So yea while it does serve the purpose as a "bumper" it also adds the appeal I like.

I think this is why anyone buys it!

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
I got a preorder email from element case tonight. I just preordered mine. Won't receive it til mid October though.

der-kaiser

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Brisbane
You know what You guys made me realize.

I don't really think of the Element "CASE" as a case, i look at it as an extension of my phone as far as design...with the added protection built in.

So yea while it does serve the purpose as a "bumper" it also adds the appeal I like.

I think this is why anyone buys it!

Agreed. If I do end up purchasing it, drop protection would not be the decisive factor for the purchase. Still prefer the Pro though.

Jasonv2

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
These cases are ridiculously overpriced. For this much money they better give oral sex or something! I mean, the funny thing to is, it's just some glorified bumper with a back sticker. How many schmucks buy into this? haha

At least the Lifeproof cases at around $90, can go swimming with you! This stuff though? Garbage.

lunarken

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
skip... wait for oem... oem workmanship is getting better .... $1xx for a case/for design/protection?? oem too can have the same purpose.. bascially u are paying for the brand..... which i got it on my oem case as well... lolz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.