Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:51 AM   #26
Blackberryroid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reputationZed View Post
can we call it the CDO forum though? I just have this thing about keeping letters in alphabetical order.
OCD on MacRumors are worse than expected.
Blackberryroid is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 05:53 PM   #27
dkersten
macrumors 6502a

I'm in agreement that we need to separate these threads as usually there are many, many, many more that already cover like the exact same crap. People just want to complain that their phone isn't absolutely perfect. I can literally read through the entire forum spy and over 70% of them are on physical blemishes or very isolated problems that the vast majority of people are not experiencing.

Could I suggest an iOS forum spy and an everything else forum spy? Or possibly a forum spy just for these physical blemishes and very isolated problems. I know many people who frequent the forum all year round get fed up with these nearly pointless threads whenever a new iPad or iPhone is released. At least when there is a new Mac product released and there are problems, the people who post about them here are usually forum frequenters all year round.

Just my two cents though...
dkersten is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 06:05 PM   #28
Comeagain?
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersten View Post
Could I suggest an iOS forum spy and an everything else forum spy? Or possibly a forum spy just for these physical blemishes and very isolated problems. I know many people who frequent the forum all year round get fed up with these nearly pointless threads whenever a new iPad or iPhone is released. At least when there is a new Mac product released and there are problems, the people who post about them here are usually forum frequenters all year round.
Clicking preferences will allow you to remove the unwanted forums/sections for forum spy. Allowing you to easily ignore the iPhone section entirely.
Name:  Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 4.03.44 PM.png
Views: 120
Size:  13.2 KB
Comeagain? is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 06:36 PM   #29
Carlanga
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniganz08 View Post
I've said it once and I'll say it again

Macrumors needs an OCD subforum

(edit: In other words a subforum for all the cosmetic-only complaints)
[/I]
I think you want an OCPD sub-forum.
I wouldn't care for one though.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 06:49 PM   #30
Dark Void
macrumors 68000

I have actual OCD and it's extremely difficult to live with.

It's really annoying and almost insulting when people on a forum like this associate this disorder with cosmetic defects and what not in regards to a computer. That's not OCD, it's far deeper than that and there is nothing compulsive about complaining in regards to those things.
Dark Void is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:39 PM   #31
dkersten
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeagain? View Post
Clicking preferences will allow you to remove the unwanted forums/sections for forum spy. Allowing you to easily ignore the iPhone section entirely.
Attachment 367798
Sweet, thanks kindly!
dkersten is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:28 PM   #32
Shenaniganz08
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Void View Post
I have actual OCD and it's extremely difficult to live with.

It's really annoying and almost insulting when people on a forum like this associate this disorder with cosmetic defects and what not in regards to a computer. That's not OCD, it's far deeper than that and there is nothing compulsive about complaining in regards to those things.
as mentioned before, I am well aware of the differences but merely used the term as it is commonly used/misused online

similarly when someone tells me they have suffer from anxiety but in reality they have Panic Attacks (much worse) I do not correct them (best example I can think of)
Shenaniganz08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback