Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Power down. Grab a sim removal tool, or a stout paperclip. Remove sim tray and reinsert. Power on and hope for the best. Next stop would be the carrier for a new sim, or apple store.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
OMG, my iPhone 5 was working PERFECT until now!

HELP!!

I had the same issue for the past 3 days. This morning, I went down to the local AT&T store for a replacement SIM card. They installed a new SIM card in some 5 minutes. Hopefully, this will resolve the "no SIM card installed" issue.

There appears to be quite a few people, whom are experiencing the same problem, over at the Apple Community site, as well.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I've had sims go bad on me too. I don't understand why people panic unnecessarily. :rolleyes:
Power down. Grab a sim removal tool, or a stout paperclip. Remove sim tray and reinsert. Power on and hope for the best. Next stop would be the carrier for a new sim, or apple store.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Go get a new SIM card from your carrier, no big deal. As long as your screen isn't cracked or you dropped it in water, there isn't much to worry about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.