Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Slip Jigs
macrumors 6502a

Company issued phone prevents SIM swap or data/account transfer?

My brother has a company issued Blackberry with a standard size SIM on AT&T. He recently bought the Galaxy S3 unlocked that has a micro SIM which his comoany won't support. He took both phones to an AT&T store because if some sort if a restriction. He also tried the cutting the SIM method do it fit in the Galaxy but with no luck. The card was nit damaged because it will still work in the Blackberry.

Is this restriction something that is on the corporate account and stored in the AT&T systems, or is it merely some sort of password or lock stored on the card itself? Either way, is there some way to make this work?
Slip Jigs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices