Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Aug 25, 2005, 02:40 PM   #1
ifjake
macrumors 6502a

Alesis IO|2

hi.
i'm interested in an affordable interface that would allow me to record stereo at decent quality, as well as act as a basic output for my softsynths. my basic setup consists of a Powerbook, CME UF8 keyboard controller, reciever and speakers, and various softsynths. right now i simply use the headphone output and a 1/8 in. to RCA adaptor to get sound to my speakers. i'd rather not use the headphone out, as i want this setup to be able to play the role of a performance keyboard if possible. i am also interested in using my laptop as a basic two track recorder for various events. portability is a key feature i am looking for.

the Alesis IO|2 seems to fit this pretty well. i don't want a full fledged interface, nor do i have the budget to make such a purchase. unfortunately it's too new for me to find any real reviews on it anywhere, and i was wondering if anyone here has purchased it and can tell me about it... like if the audio quality isn't really that hot and i should just save up.

thanks
ifjake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 01:54 PM   #2
qwerty09
macrumors newbie

Cme Uf8

HI
I have a second hand CME UF8 and the new Intel Mac. I can't get the midi driver going.
I've used the original disk, and the latest driver, but it won't load.
The Mac goes through the installation procedures, but on restart, nothing is there - no icon, no system, nothing on the hard-disk.
I've gone through this 're-installation' dozens of times to no avail. The Mac also fails to react when I plug the UF8 into its USB.
I'm just using GarageBand3 at the mo. Any tips? I thought there might be some vital interface I was missing, or should the keyboard just plug straight into the USB?
cheers
qwerty09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio