Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krimonstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Right now I know apple retail store and att retail store they don't have no contract iphone 5 in stock.
I'm thinking about to buy one in best buy or radioshack. But according to att they will help unlock the iphone if a person who purchased the iPhone from an authorized location at the "no commitment" price and can provide proof of purchase. Is there anyone knowing whether best buy and radioshack are authorized locations or not?

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You can go to Apple or AT&T and purchase it as device only for full price.
They sell them like that to people all the time and they are unlocked. They might not say they are factory unlocked but they are when paid in full without contract.
The price is $649 plus tax for the 16GB iphone 5.

krimonstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
They sell them like that to people all the time and they are unlocked. They might not say they are factory unlocked but they are when paid in full without contract.

I made the phone call and was told they don't have in stock.
That's why i want to buy from other stores.

krimonstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Oh, you can give it a shot.
Call up radio shack, walmart or target but those stores get very little supply stock too. So chances are if Apple and AT&T are out those stores will be too.

Well, that seems to be final.:( Anyway,thx for your help:)

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
Try worstbuy but make sure that you get them to pricematch cause they charge $50 more than retail price

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I bought a no contract 64GB AT&T Black iPhone 5 from Target today. I paid for it at the store and it'll ship from their warehouse on Monday for me to receive Tuesday. I paid a $50 premium. Apple and AT&T sell it for $849 and I paid $899 at Target.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
All these places go down more than my X girlfriend .I do miss Circuit City they used to have some pretty good sales

I missed them wanting to charge me $49.95 to install anti virus software on my computer or "optimize" my computer for $89.95. Back up my data for $199.
Or sell me a protection plan for an arm and a leg.

----------

I bought a no contract 64GB AT&T Black iPhone 5 from Target today. I paid for it at the store and it'll ship from their warehouse on Monday for me to receive Tuesday. I paid a $50 premium. Apple and AT&T sell it for $849 and I paid $899 at Target.

Why didnt you call to have them match the price.
Why waste $50?

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I missed them wanting to charge me $49.95 to install anti virus software on my computer or "optimize" my computer for $89.95. Back up my data for $199.
Or sell me a protection plan for an arm and a leg.

----------

Why didnt you call to have them match the price.
Why waste $50?
The sales person told me they don't price match. ????

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

Not possible at the Apple store in the US yet.

ninethirty

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
I know I'm probably not supposed to this in here, but I have one (actual factory unlocked - from Canada). A black, 16GB AT&T (GSM) iPhone 5 that I'm trying to trade for a white Verizon iPhone 5. No luck so far though so I'll probably just sell it in a day or so. Send me a PM if interested and if I just flat out sell it, I'll contact you.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
I wonder how long will it take for Apple to get full stock of iPhones 5. This fever is a madness!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.