Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Southernboyj
macrumors 65816
 
Southernboyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mobile, AL
Need help with a ROM.

I just bought a Galaxy Nexus from someone, the Nexus is running a ROM called "Codename Android" What would be the process for restoring it back to complete stock? Unrooted/stock rom/locked bootloader (if it even is locked?)
__________________
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'.. So I installed OS X.
Southernboyj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Vegastouch
macrumors 601
 
Vegastouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Go Here All the info you need should be there. Or if not you can ask the question and get the info you need. If you dont see it, then somebody will probably link it if it is in there.

Somebody here may know as well but for more info and how to do things on the N7, that is the place to go.
Vegastouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:27 PM   #3
cynics
macrumors 603
 
cynics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegastouch View Post
Go Here All the info you need should be there. Or if not you can ask the question and get the info you need. If you dont see it, then somebody will probably link it if it is in there.

Somebody here may know as well but for more info and how to do things on the N7, that is the place to go.
Psst GN not N7. But other forums on XDA will help the op out.
__________________
27" iMac (late 2013), iPad 3, iPhone 4S, Apple TV (3rd Gen), Airport Extreme (6th Gen), assorted Android and Windows devices
cynics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Southernboyj
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Southernboyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mobile, AL
Says I need something called ADB and Fastboot?
__________________
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'.. So I installed OS X.
Southernboyj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Vegastouch
macrumors 601
 
Vegastouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
Psst GN not N7. But other forums on XDA will help the op out.
Oh ...lol, well there is a GN development section in there as well. Here it is. Or you can check out all the topics in the GN section

Or hec, faster yet, just Google how to put your GN back to stock.

Last edited by Vegastouch; Sep 29, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
Vegastouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Southernboyj
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Southernboyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mobile, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegastouch View Post
Oh ...lol, well there is a GN development section in there as well. Here it is. Or you can check out all the topics in the GN section

Or hec, faster yet, just Google how to put your GN back to stock.
I did, I can't seem to get these drivers working.. this is a nightmare.. all I want is a stock Galaxy Nexus
__________________
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'.. So I installed OS X.
Southernboyj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:16 PM   #7
lavrishevo
macrumors 65816
 
lavrishevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernboyj View Post
I did, I can't seem to get these drivers working.. this is a nightmare.. all I want is a stock Galaxy Nexus
Download your correct Nexus factory image here. Save the image file to your phone. I have found it more reliable to save it to the phones memory and not a SD card as sometimes recovery mode does not recognize the SD card. Boot your phone into recovery mode by holding down the power button and volume up. Navigate to the downloaded stock image and flash the phone.
lavrishevo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:20 PM   #8
3bs
macrumors 603
 
3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavrishevo View Post
Download your correct Nexus factory image here. Save the image file to your phone. I have found it more reliable to save it to the phones memory and not a SD card as sometimes recovery mode does not recognize the SD card. Boot your phone into recovery mode by holding down the power button and volume up. Navigate to the downloaded stock image and flash the phone.
There's no external SD card slot on the GNex unfortunately.
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:28 PM   #9
lavrishevo
macrumors 65816
 
lavrishevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bs View Post
There's no external SD card slot on the GNex unfortunately.
Oh that's right. Thanks 3bs. Forgot about that. Poor Nexus owners...
lavrishevo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:47 PM   #10
3bs
macrumors 603
 
3bs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavrishevo View Post
Oh that's right. Thanks 3bs. Forgot about that. Poor Nexus owners...
I recently became a Nexus 7 owner and probably a future Nexus phone owner whenever it comes out I really hope they include an SD card slot on the next Nexus phone(s)!
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:49 PM   #11
Southernboyj
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Southernboyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mobile, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavrishevo View Post
Oh that's right. Thanks 3bs. Forgot about that. Poor Nexus owners...
Where would I save it to without an SD card? I'm on a Mac and all the tutorials are for Windows, also does the Factory Image include Gapps?
__________________
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'.. So I installed OS X.
Southernboyj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:01 PM   #12
Vegastouch
macrumors 601
 
Vegastouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernboyj View Post
Where would I save it to without an SD card? I'm on a Mac and all the tutorials are for Windows, also does the Factory Image include Gapps?
internal sd card
Vegastouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:02 AM   #13
lavrishevo
macrumors 65816
 
lavrishevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Georgia
You should not need a computer at all. Just visit the link with your phone, download the file, boot into recovery and install. No reason to think Google apps would not already be included.
lavrishevo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:48 PM   #14
Southernboyj
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Southernboyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mobile, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavrishevo View Post
You should not need a computer at all. Just visit the link with your phone, download the file, boot into recovery and install. No reason to think Google apps would not already be included.
My phone had no recovery, it was a paperweight... I actually fixed it after about 6 hours. Decided to use a friends Windows PC which was a nightmare getting the ADB and Fastboot drivers to work, did that and used some 3rd party software to install the Factory Image from Google.. up and running now.
__________________
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'.. So I installed OS X.
Southernboyj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:09 PM   #15
lavrishevo
macrumors 65816
 
lavrishevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernboyj View Post
My phone had no recovery, it was a paperweight... I actually fixed it after about 6 hours. Decided to use a friends Windows PC which was a nightmare getting the ADB and Fastboot drivers to work, did that and used some 3rd party software to install the Factory Image from Google.. up and running now.
Wow, no recovery mode. Sounds like it was pretty messed up. Glad it worked out.
lavrishevo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Create my own ROM rabidz7 PowerPC Macs 34 Feb 11, 2013 06:21 PM
Dump Rom rabidz7 MacBook Pro 0 Dec 19, 2012 09:25 AM
6200 rom rabidz7 PowerPC Macs 1 Dec 7, 2012 09:23 AM
phones: JB ROM for SGS3? r.j.s Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 18 Oct 9, 2012 12:50 AM
Custom rom help. Southernboyj Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 1 Sep 25, 2012 02:25 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC