Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:05 PM   #1
wiivile
macrumors regular

any way to turn the "gyro" off?

i personally hate it when the phone turns the screen around (even for a horizontal keyboard), because i never use it and i think the phone's display width is insufficient for horizontal browsing/typing. is there any way to disable this feature? 90% of the time it activates by accident
wiivile is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:10 PM   #2
dotme
macrumors 6502a

Simple. On home screen (not lock screen) double-tap home button, swipe the task bar to move LEFT, and then press the left-most icon. That locks the phone in portrait mode.
dotme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:44 AM   #3
wiivile
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotme View Post
Simple. On home screen (not lock screen) double-tap home button, swipe the task bar to move LEFT, and then press the left-most icon. That locks the phone in portrait mode.
Awesome, thanks. Didn't think to look there.
wiivile is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting