Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:47 AM   #1
GameFreak
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Question Apps for JailBroken iPhone

What is Safe sources for Cydia to download apps?
What do u need to avoid Malwares?
what makes a Jailbroken iPhone slow?
and do Jailbroken iPhone drains a lot of battery?
could you provide safe sources of games and apps.

and could i open app store even if i jailbroke my iPhone?

my device is iPhone 4S

hope im clear enough..
GameFreak is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:10 AM   #2
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Yes, iTunes works the same on a jailbroken phone.

Do not use cracked apps and your iDevice will be safe.

Do not add any dangerous sources (piracy sources) to Cydia and your iDevice will be safe.
__________________
iPhone 6+ iPhone 5S
iPad Air2 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:12 AM   #3
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
on the 4s it will not slow down until you put loads of tweaks and apps on it, the more you put on, the more it will drain as well, some tweaks have background processes.
__________________
iPhone 6 iOS 8.1 Pangu
iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.2 Stock
iPad 4 3G iOS 7.1.2 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 8.0 GM
TriJetHero is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 05:09 AM   #4
Menneisyys2
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak View Post
What is Safe sources for Cydia to download apps?
What do u need to avoid Malwares?
what makes a Jailbroken iPhone slow?
and do Jailbroken iPhone drains a lot of battery?
could you provide safe sources of games and apps.

and could i open app store even if i jailbroke my iPhone?

my device is iPhone 4S

hope im clear enough..
As the others have stated, don't use pirate repos. The official ones are safe. Don't listen to people (mostly Apple or their forum zealots) that state the opposite of the latter, lying jailbreaking is really unsafe.
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 06:48 AM   #5
rogerbarrett
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
There are many sites through which you can download apps for your jailbroken Iphone. I suggests you to Google it.
rogerbarrett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 07:14 AM   #6
GameFreak
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
As the others have stated, don't use pirate repos. The official ones are safe. Don't listen to people (mostly Apple or their forum zealots) that state the opposite of the latter, lying jailbreaking is really unsafe.
im just sick of my iDevice, what kind of phone you cant add an external memory, and cant use your own ringtones without paying.
im the type of person who barely pays for online purposes. not because of financial reasons. i just dont trust technology when it comes to money transfer.

also if my iphone gets hacked when its jailbroken, id updated then jailbreak it again
GameFreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 07:27 AM   #7
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak View Post
im just sick of my iDevice, what kind of phone you cant add an external memory, and cant use your own ringtones without paying.
im the type of person who barely pays for online purposes. not because of financial reasons. i just dont trust technology when it comes to money transfer.

also if my iphone gets hacked when its jailbroken, id updated then jailbreak it again
What response do you want ?

None of this has anything to do with this thread.
__________________
iPhone 6+ iPhone 5S
iPad Air2 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 07:34 AM   #8
timychann
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak View Post
im just sick of my iDevice, what kind of phone you cant add an external memory, and cant use your own ringtones without paying.
im the type of person who barely pays for online purposes. not because of financial reasons. i just dont trust technology when it comes to money transfer.

also if my iphone gets hacked when its jailbroken, id updated then jailbreak it again
Wait. You're saying you jailbroke to pirate apps and music? Nice one...
You can make your own ringtones anyways, get the length, re-encode as m4a, change to m4r, add ringtone to phone, easy as that.

Don't install thousands of tweaks and you won't slow down. Don't add piracy repos and you won't get malware. Change your SSH password. And finally, if you just jailbroke to pirate apps, then I don't think I really want to help.

Anyways, good tweaks that I use
SBSettings
MobileTerminal
f.lux
Zephyr
ManualCorrect
SwipeSelection
Activator
__________________
Canon 60D, 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.4, 13" Macbook Pro Mid 2009, iPod Touch 1G 8Gb, iPod Touch 4G 32Gb, iPod Nano 6G 8Gb, iPad 2 White 3G+Wifi 32Gb
timychann is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 07:37 AM   #9
sagar4995
macrumors 6502a
 
sagar4995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dubai, UAE
thought id post here since its somewhat related to this thread
anyone know a good app/tweak that lets me rearrange the icon rows. there's an app on cydia called gridlock, but i believe its paid. basically want to clear the 1st row of my apps on my homescreen to make room for a weather/clock widget
TIA!
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.2
iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.2 (wife's)
MacBook 13" Mid 2010
Instagram ID - SagarChablani
sagar4995 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 08:22 AM   #10
Siggen
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
almost all the good tweaks are in the official repos, some tweaks have their own repos when they are in beta stages, until final release.

XBMC has its own repo, you can add that if you want that program. The app updates a few times a year (plus some hotfixes right after major releases).

The biggest problem with pirated repos are that they lagg somewhat behind in versions. Ranging from a day to a month (mostly just a day or two).

My iPad have some poppups now and then (not often, every third week or so) stating that I have won an iPhone 4S. I suspect a stupid app from the appstore, or an app from a crackrepo.
Siggen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:16 PM   #11
GameFreak
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
What response do you want ?

None of this has anything to do with this thread.
i quoted a post for to reply.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by timychann View Post
Wait. You're saying you jailbroke to pirate apps and music? Nice one...
You can make your own ringtones anyways, get the length, re-encode as m4a, change to m4r, add ringtone to phone, easy as that.

Don't install thousands of tweaks and you won't slow down. Don't add piracy repos and you won't get malware. Change your SSH password. And finally, if you just jailbroke to pirate apps, then I don't think I really want to help.

Anyways, good tweaks that I use
SBSettings
MobileTerminal
f.lux
Zephyr
ManualCorrect
SwipeSelection
Activator
still havent jailbroke. my iPhone is disabled i just dont want to update it and jailbreak it instead.

Perfect heads up
GameFreak is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:20 PM   #12
faroZ06
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak View Post
im just sick of my iDevice, what kind of phone you cant add an external memory, and cant use your own ringtones without paying.
im the type of person who barely pays for online purposes. not because of financial reasons. i just dont trust technology when it comes to money transfer.

also if my iphone gets hacked when its jailbroken, id updated then jailbreak it again
You can use your own ringtones without paying and without jailbreaking. Just drag them into iTunes. If you want to jailbreak for piracy reasons, we're not going to help you do that. And honestly, piracy has a risk of malware infection and confusion. I tried to pirate the AIM app so that I could get the old, non-retarded version, which was free anyway, and I got a version that didn't work properly.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:54 PM   #13
lavrishevo
macrumors 68000
 
lavrishevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Georgia
Fakeclockup form hitori blog. One of the best apps ever.
lavrishevo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 04:35 AM   #14
Menneisyys2
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggen View Post
The biggest problem with pirated repos are that they lagg somewhat behind in versions. Ranging from a day to a month (mostly just a day or two).
"Biggest"? The biggest problem with them is that there are so few paying customers in Cydia that devs simply won't develop any high-profile tweaks (DisplayOut, Quasar, Skype Recorder, RetinaPad, FirewallIP - just to name a few commercial tweaks really worth paying for) if they know they in no way will be compensated for their efforts / time because everyone is pirating their tweaks...
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 08:08 AM   #15
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
"Biggest"? The biggest problem with them is that there are so few paying customers in Cydia that devs simply won't develop any high-profile tweaks (DisplayOut, Quasar, Skype Recorder, RetinaPad, FirewallIP - just to name a few commercial tweaks really worth paying for) if they know they in no way will be compensated for their efforts / time because everyone is pirating their tweaks...
Not everyone pirates.
Many of us pay for our Cydia apps.

Sadly. there are too many who believe it is OK to steal.
__________________
iPhone 6+ iPhone 5S
iPad Air2 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 08:39 AM   #16
Menneisyys2
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
Not everyone pirates.
Many of us pay for our Cydia apps.
Sorry for the misunderstanding - I meant "don't make people pirate Cydia tweaks". Of course I know a lot of us does pay for these tweaks (so do I).
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 09:46 AM   #17
Siggen
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
"Biggest"? The biggest problem with them is that there are so few paying customers in Cydia that devs simply won't develop any high-profile tweaks (DisplayOut, Quasar, Skype Recorder, RetinaPad, FirewallIP - just to name a few commercial tweaks really worth paying for) if they know they in no way will be compensated for their efforts / time because everyone is pirating their tweaks...
You are neither wrong nor right.

You can be successfull on Cydia. But one successfull programmer claimed he had 97% pirate rate for one of his tweaks. thats 97 pirated copies for every 3 payed copies. We will never know if he lied about the number, but he probably did not. Said programmer is a private person, and student, and lives of profits from Cydia sales very comfortably.

This developer is Aron Ash, the developer of Multifl0w and he spesifically states that pirated copies does not equate to lost sales.

Quote:
“it’s hard to know what’s a lost sale,”
http://www.cultofmac.com/193576/a-ja...-jailbreakcon/

Things are not black and white, but you are not all wrong

I buy tweaks, I have pirated some too, a lot of which I have deleted and never used again because they were rubbish or I didn't want them. Some tweaks are Illegal in countries but not in my country, these are also in crack repos. And beta or alpha of some apps leak to crack repos to. And some legal tweaks are exclusive to some crack repos (idk why but only found there).

It is not my intent to promote crack repos here, my advice is to try to keep away from them. But misinformation is even worse. Its like drugs, even cocaine has medical uses (they do use it for instance to reduce bleeding in operations and more), ecstasy has been used as a psycho therapeutic drug in conjunction with therapy, but that does not mean that it is okay to have an infomercial on TV where a woman crushes an egg and says "This is your brain on marijuana" that's out right deceitful.

Sorry, I got a bit carried away, but I still stand for what I'm writing.
Siggen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2012, 08:16 AM   #18
maflynn
Moderator
 
maflynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
[MOD NOTE]

Discussion of piracy, asking for help getting pirated apps or cracking apps is not permitted.

Quote:
Forum Rules

These habits can produce warnings and repeated violations can produce bans.
...
6. Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help
maflynn is online now   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: How to: restore jailbroken iPhone without losing apps Bugeyeblue Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 21 Apr 24, 2014 01:27 PM
Transfering apps frm jailbroken 3gs to non jailbroken 4s Habeeba mukhi iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Apr 23, 2013 02:10 PM
iPad: How to run iPhone apps in widescreen (iPhone 5 display) mode on jailbroken iPad joelin02 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 Feb 21, 2013 03:15 PM
jailbroken iphone hid spotlight now can't find apps send me iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 1 Jul 22, 2012 05:29 AM
My Jailbroken Iphone 5.1 cant update any app store apps pastaman2503 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 5 Jul 2, 2012 09:41 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC