Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
Curious to hear from both men and women how they carry their earpods or buds. Wound around something and in a pouch? Loose in pocket or purse? What kind of pouch, etc.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I use the case they came in and that goes in my pocket. I have thought about a pouch of some kind, but for now it's the plastic case they came in.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I'm a woman. I use the Apple in-ear headphones, and I keep them in the case they came in. The case fits well into a side pocket in my purse, or can slip into my jeans pocket.

l_02280487.jpg

I actually prefer the case that the new EarPods came in, but since I much prefer the fit and sound of the in-ear headphones, I'm staying with them.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
My Klipsch ones are carried inside the metal tin that came with them; that's after the first set I had were either caught in my purse's zipper or attacked by a rabid badger, judging by the amount of damage they sustained.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
The plastic cases that they come in are protective enough but seem like they would be a pain to put away since they have to be wound around in a particular way. Does it get easier after you've done it several times?

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Around my neck or tossed on a desk when not in use. Can't be bothered wrapping them up every time.

Smigit

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2011
Pocket. My ultimate Ears did come with a tin, so when I'm travelling I put them in that. For day to day use but the pocket works fine.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I actually carry different pairs in various places.

• In my vehicle
  • In my office desk
  • At home
  • In gym bag

That way I always have one nearby and don't need to consciously carry them around.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
I just plug them in, wrap them around the phone, and put it in my pocket. Never had any problems that way. I wouldn't do this with expensive earbuds though. I almost always use the Apple ones.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Around my neck. Generally only use these so when not listening, the earbuds attach to the ends by magnets.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Around the neck or in a pocket of my backpack. I always try to not get them tangled.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
The plastic cases that they come in are protective enough but seem like they would be a pain to put away since they have to be wound around in a particular way. Does it get easier after you've done it several times?

Yeah, it does, but I still need about 15 seconds to do it right. It's worth it for me, to keep them in good shape. Every once in a while, I throw them onto my car's passenger seat or on the table, but if I'm putting them in something, I always wrap them into the case.

I've had them for close to four years, if that tells you anything.

CatsTide

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Roll them up and put them in a little V-Moda vinyl case. Right now I have my Klipsch i4s's in there.

chrisvee

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
I usually just roll them up and shove them into my pocket. I just tried putting the new Earpods back into the case, and it was actually pretty easy. I actually really like the new Earpods, so I may consider doing this more. :D

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
Lol after trying them out I had to watch a youtube video to figure out how to wind them back up into the plastic case. Then I found a spot for them in my backpack as my travel set. At home I use an older set of applebuds and my Motorola S9's.

I did like how when I opened up the earpods for the first time the wires weren't all kinky from being in the box. The wires on the earpods were nice and straight right out of the box.

jester0723

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Virginia
I coil them up and put them in one of the built in pouches of my backpack. Around my room I'll just throw them on a desk or shelf. I had the old ear buds for a few years and they took a lot of abuse (including a cycle through the washing machine and then the dryer) so I'm not to worried about them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.