Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanBurns91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
West Midlands, England
Hi,
Recently my home button on my iPhone 4S has been very hit and miss, at times it will respond and others not, I've looked online about warranty replacements and i can set up a replacement via AppleCare online. I have a few questions on this though as i haven't had to do this before, If I set it up, do they send an iPhone out first before i send mine to them or would i be expected to send mine out first and be left phoneless until they send the replacement? As i mentioned earlier too, its very intermittent so what will happen if they recieve my phone and the button is working? Will they charge me for the replacement?

I live in the UK if that helps too, as i'm not sure if Apple work differently over seas.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Last edited:

krnboy503

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Hi,
Recently my home button on my iPhone 4S has been very hit and miss, at times it will respond and others not, I've looked online about warranty replacements and i can set up a replacement via AppleCare online. I have a few questions on this though as i haven't had to do this before, If I set it up, do they send an iPhone out first before i send mine to them or would i be expected to send mine out first and be left phoneless until they send the replacement? As i mentioned earlier too, its very intermittent so what will happen if they recieve my phone and the button is working? Will they charge me for the replacement?

I live in the UK if that helps too, as i'm not sure if Apple work differently over seas.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Call them during their normal business hours, I'm sure you can get them to send you a replacement first

DanBurns91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
West Midlands, England
I've just called and they said that if i wanted one sent out first then i send mine back its £28 for the UPS service. However i know people with the iPhone scratching issues are getting overnight services for free. That hardly seems fair?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.