Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
I have an unlocked iPhone 5 bought directly from apple and being used on Orange. When I first had the phone I noticed there was an LTE toggle (which I lol'ed at being in the UK). I also noticed there was no 3G toggle (which annoyed me!) but anyway I flicked the LTE toggle to 'off' and forgot all about it.

Tonight I noticed that the LTE option has dissapeared and in its place is now a 3G toggle?!? How has this changed?

I have had a carrier update at some point, and I also restored my phone last night and put everything back on it from iCloud.

Anyone else have the same thing happen?

vladzaharia

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
It's based on the carrier settings. If LTE isn't supported, it'll show you a 3G toggle. Otherwise, LTE toggle.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Hmmm upon plugging my recently restored phone into iTunes its mentioned a carrier update again. This has now changed it back to its original state with a LTE toggle and no 3G toggle again.

I know that they are planning LTE/4G on orange (EE) soon so maybe that's why the carrier update is adding the LTE toggle and removing the 3G setting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.