Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ben824

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
GA
I have an iPhone 5 32GB AT&T that I upgraded from a 4S running iOS6 and I have noticed that Facebook notifications still come in but it never plays a sound like it did on my 4S. I have it set to play a sound and have switched to several different sound choices and nothing has gotten it to play a sound. Other applications play sounds as they should but Facebook won't. Anyone else having this trouble?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I have an iPhone 5 32GB AT&T that I upgraded from a 4S running iOS6 and I have noticed that Facebook notifications still come in but it never plays a sound like it did on my 4S. I have it set to play a sound and have switched to several different sound choices and nothing has gotten it to play a sound. Other applications play sounds as they should but Facebook won't. Anyone else having this trouble?

All of my Facebook notifications are a bit sketchy.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
There are a few threads about this here and on Facebook's support threads. Does not seem to be specific to any particular model or software version.

Judging by my own experiences and reading others this is a problem with Facebook's back end. It occurs on iPad/iPhone/iPod touch and there is nothing the user can do to remedy it.

Been happening on both my iPad and iPhone for a few weeks. iOS 5, iOS6, and carried across my upgrade from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5. Restores and re installs do not fix the problem. It seems that some people's account have this bug and others do not.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1438168/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.