Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maximus831

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
If you received it on launch day, when is the last day to take it back? Can I take it back to the Apple store or do I need to ship it back to Apple? Thanks guys.

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
You have to ship it back. Online orders for iPhones cannot be returned to their retail stores --- per their online website returns link.

Maximus831

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Here's a little twist. Technically, I returned it to the Apple store and received a new phone from the store due to scratches. I wonder if I could just return it to the store now considering it was an exchange? I suppose I can call and ask tomorrow.

Maximus831

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
"Items ordered on the U.S. Apple Online Store that arrived damaged or are incorrect can be returned to any U.S. Apple Retail Store, or by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775."

Hmm...

imazu

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
Couch
Here's a little twist. Technically, I returned it to the Apple store and received a new phone from the store due to scratches. I wonder if I could just return it to the store now considering it was an exchange? I suppose I can call and ask tomorrow.

I think you can just return it. The iPhone 4s had issues I ordered online for another family member and they replaced it. During the week, I decided I just might as well return it cause she likes the iPhone 5 that I have. She just needs to wait till it's available.

Ctguy

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
I just returned mine to local apple store today; i ordered it from apple.com on 9/14/12

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
I've been told 30 days by the apple store manager in Georgetown. I'm trying to exchange my scratched, dinged, loose screen iPhone but they and the surrounding DC stores have no stock. I guess day 29 I'll return my launch day device if I still can't exchange it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.